p24 case candy missing

beardo

case candy is missing. bought used.should have been in a white paisley case.didn't get the case so I am assuming that it is still there. Originally sold @ Brian's in Hamden, CT. Could be still in CT. Told a girl bought it new and buys and sells frequently. Thanx for any help. Probably a super long shot, but a shot. Serial number 208084.

When buying used, and the case is a factor ( which we all understand around here) ask about the case prior to the sale. When selling or trading mine, I tend to keep the nicer condition cases, but I DO try and keep paperwork with proper guitars. Of course, don't think I've had any but plain old black cases anyway.

When buying used, and the case is a factor ( which we all understand around here) ask about the case prior to the sale. When selling or trading mine, I tend to keep the nicer condition cases, but I DO try and keep paperwork with proper guitars. Of course, don't think I've had any but plain old black cases anyway.

Ah... So YOU have the case for my fretless bass. It came to me in an Ibanez case! Bastid!

I bought it from Guitar Center. They won't tell you the owner and neither will Brian's. the original
owner may still have it.I saw the papers in the case but didn't think to match it up to the guitar.

You know, I got a guitar from guitar center once, and it said it came with the case, including the original pickups. When they sent it to me, they forgot the case, completely. I emailed the address from the order, and they shipped it to me separate. You may want to email that particular Guitar Center and ask them if they still have it. Otherwise, I'd return it.

I mean, c'mon, white paisley? You gotta have that case. It's all about the case. [/running joke]

I recommend making a revolutionary move. Get rid of all the stuff and nonsense that comes inside a guitar case except the guitar, trem arm (if applicable), warranty info, and operating manual. Put the sticker on your bumper or give it to your kids.

Just go ahead and toss it. Or light it like you're burning the mortgage or a draft card. Throw it out like the tag that comes on a pair of socks.

For many years, almost no one cared about the hang tags, the case candy or any of that. Now it's required that one has to hang onto a bunch of useless effluvia. I say to heck with it!

If enough people do this, the tyranny of the hangtag/case candy will be dead, buried, and forgotten! To the barricades! ;)

Last edited:
it's not the end of the world.somebody has it and has no real use for it.I would like to have the white paisley case and I could always buy another but not the candy. I wouldn't take it back.It's tough to find a wood library artist flame in FBJ with a white neck and back, 57/08s, korina neck,ebony finger board with hand picked sparkle mop centers and paua outlines

I understand your want of the case candy to make your acquisition complete.
But I wouldn't over worry. You cant exactly do anything with it.!!
It's just a load of bumf at the end of the day!!!!!

I wouldn't take it back.It's tough to find a wood library artist flame in FBJ with a white neck and back, 57/08s, korina neck,ebony finger board with hand picked sparkle mop centers and paua outlines

You bet, sounds like a very nice find. Pics?

I recommend making a revolutionary move. Get rid of all the stuff and nonsense that comes inside a guitar case except the guitar, trem arm (if applicable), warranty info, and operating manual. Put the sticker on your bumper or give it to your kids.

Just go ahead and toss it. Or light it like you're burning the mortgage or a draft card. Throw it out like the tag that comes on a pair of socks.

For many years, almost no one cared about the hang tags, the case candy or any of that. Now it's required that one has to hang onto a bunch of useless effluvia. I say to heck with it!

If enough people do this, the tyranny of the hangtag/case candy will be dead, buried, and forgotten! To the barricades! ;)

In the meanwhile, my beautiful PRS fretless bass lies whimpering in an Ibanez case...

Bill...sorry...but nope...I only do that when I have a similar model guitar/bass to keep and put in the nicer case, and I promise I only had the 1 PRS fretless bass at that time, so I would have traded it in with the correct case...hey, its still a great piece. Also, have you ever checked out Michael Manring...he has the same type of bass on the back of his CD ("Unusual Weather"...I think????) He was local for a bit, early on. Interesting bassist. Has a tune called "Red Right Returning" nautical stuff...grew up near the bay...also, maybe its on CD "Drastic Measures"...hell gittin old!!!!

Case candy makes no difference to sale price, tone of the guitar or your ability to play it, it's detritus. The case is important (not for boosting the price though) but the other landfill stuff, pfft.

Case candy makes no difference to sale price, tone of the guitar or your ability to play it, it's detritus. The case is important (not for boosting the price though) but the other landfill stuff, pfft.

Amen.

It's nice to be able to easily confirm details; for example identifying pickups without pulling them, so the hang tag isn't useless...but its presence or absence wouldn't matter much in my decision to buy a guitar.

In the final casing area they refer to the case candy "giblets".
It's offal then?
146074700443009600_resized.png

Back