My Wife is amazing

Great story and yes, she is amazing. Awesome guitar too!

Just a thought, she's probably not expecting it, but think about surprising her with a little something something. ;)

Great story and yes, she is amazing. Awesome guitar too!

Just a thought, she's probably not expecting it, but think about surprising her with a little something something. ;)

She is always taken care of. But yes i have to find something a little extra special for her.

Those are some truly beautiful guitars.

My ex-wife used to threaten to throw my gear into the pool. That's one of many reasons why she earned that title.

However, my girlfriend of 18 years is responsible for most of the gear that I have. When I was an active drummer, she'd shop gear all the time. In the past few years, it's been guitars. She was the one who decided that we needed to pull the trigger and get my first PRS. Since the color is "black gold," that leads the brain to "Texas tea," which is why we call her "Elly May."

Then she said if we ever split, she's taking custody of Elly May, and I can keep the rest.

Loving partner? Evil genius? Why not both? :) I wasn't going anywhere, anyhow.

KRIvWcp.jpg

Those are some truly beautiful guitars.

My ex-wife used to threaten to throw my gear into the pool. That's one of many reasons why she earned that title.

However, my girlfriend of 18 years is responsible for most of the gear that I have. When I was an active drummer, she'd shop gear all the time. In the past few years, it's been guitars. She was the one who decided that we needed to pull the trigger and get my first PRS. Since the color is "black gold," that leads the brain to "Texas tea," which is why we call her "Elly May."

Then she said if we ever split, she's taking custody of Elly May, and I can keep the rest.

Loving partner? Evil genius? Why not both? :) I wasn't going anywhere, anyhow.

KRIvWcp.jpg

LOL my wife always jokes that she's going to toss mine in the pool, she would never though. That is a beautiful CU24 love the Maple Board

On the one hand my wife would never think to buy me a guitar. On the other hand, she would never think to object to a new one. I'm good with that.

I was at the event...was curious which guitar your wife bought you.

Such a great story and congrats on an amazing wife / surprise and also the raffle.

So to start, sold a couple of other non PRS pieces that weren't getting any play time and picked up a 2013 Paul's Guitar w a Brazilian Board locally which was nice. Love it and was honestly not thinking i was gonna add anything else for awhile.

GquNLBj.jpg

So last saturday me and the wife took a ride up to Brian's Guitars for the Grand opening party. To say it was awesome would be an understatement. Got there and got our raffle tickets and went inside to check out the store, very cool place and very much a candy store for PRS among other brands. There were a few things I wanted to look at but not purchase as $ is a little tight. I was glad to see a 594 that he had listed still there as I had my eye on it, there are definitely some stunning guitars there. So my wife asks me if I could have any guitar not including a PS that he had what would I want and I kept going back to the Grey 594 it just caught my eye the 1st time I saw it online. So I step outside to look around and leave the wife in the AC the next time I went in it was gone, I was a bit bummed but it is what it is I didn't have the spare $ anyway.

Now what I didn't know was that when I stepped outside to look around my wife without me knowing bought the 594 for me.

So around this time Boscoe went in so I just figured watch the playing and enjoy. About halfway through him playing I get a tap on my shoulder turn around and it's PRS himself he says come with me. I initially was like what did I do? We go inside and my wife Says open the case I bought you something, well I cried a bit and I'm not ashamed lol. She had apparently got Paul involved told him what she did had home sign it then he offered to go get me lol. To say I was stunned was an understatement. So stunned as I am we went back out to watch Emil's set and then comes the pick for the raffle and I win that one as well, I couldn't write fantasy this good.

To say I am blessed with an amazing wife is a massive understatement, I can never thank her enough.

And I seriously cannot say enough good things about the whole @Brian G Brian's Guitar crew and of course the people at PRS who were there.

vSLmWc9.jpg

wlwsO7e.jpg

hALXfT3.jpg

GLQx9NX.jpg
Those are slick, especially the 594. I'm a local guy (West Hartford) and was there at the event at Brian's and remember Paul bringing you up after you won the raffle. What an awesome story - enjoy!

Back