Outdoor gigs,amps, and cabinets

watelessness

Normally we gig inside and i use my Archon 25. As much as i'd prefer the 100, i just can't balance the volume with getting the amp "oomphing" enough for inside gigs. We have an outdoor show this summer and i'm thinking that i'd be better off with the 100. Also, open or closed-back cabinet?

Thoughts?

I'd go closed back for outdoors. The "spaciousness" of an open back cab is lost outdoors, along with all the sound coming out the back. I'd go closed or closed/ported. Something that projects everything to the front.

Normally we gig inside and i use my Archon 25. As much as i'd prefer the 100, i just can't balance the volume with getting the amp "oomphing" enough for inside gigs. We have an outdoor show this summer and i'm thinking that i'd be better off with the 100. Also, open or closed-back cabinet?

Thoughts?

If you would only be buying the 100 for ONE gig? No. Microphone.

If you want to get one because it does many things only 100 Watt amps do, then YES.

I think he's already got the 100 and a combo 25.

To answer your question, closed back / 100. But you knew that already. :D

Or 25 / mic'd / open-back.

Either works, no sense in twerking the folks here.

I hate outdoor gigs. The sound goes all over the place. Use the 100 watter with the closed back cab. Turn it to the side or facing a direction that is not forward. Make sure it's mic'd so you have excellent monitor and side fill sound. That'll make it better.

The last outdoor gig I played was 1970. My band was called Deep Freeze. We had a band van with the name and artwork painted on the side, and a woman roadie named Big Sue.

I’m still friends with the drummer, we reconnected last summer. Was he ever fantastic!

We both lost track of Big Sue. Which is unfortunate, since I’ve reached the point where I need a roadie just to move an amp from one side of the studio to the other...:(

The last outdoor gig I played was 1970. My band was called Deep Freeze. We had a band van with the name and artwork painted on the side, and a woman roadie named Big Sue.

I’m still friends with the drummer, we reconnected last summer. Was he ever fantastic!

We both lost track of Big Sue. Which is unfortunate, since I’ve reached the point where I need a roadie just to move an amp from one side of the studio to the other...:(
Big suze?? Sophie Winkleman?! :)

Back