Opinions needed! New Amp!

Give some thought to a Fender Deluxe Amp - 50 Watt 2 channel - plays great clean or with distortion. I use it for blues, classic rock, and some elementary jazz. Have had this amp for over 8 years and other than buying a small 15 watt amp for practice, have never thought about getting another amp.

Wait, I'm the wrong person to live vicariously through! Because my life is very, very dull stuff.

But you have much nicer gear than I do. I have a secret crush on both the HOTG and your new 30th 24 ;)

So the decision has been made! I was able to locate a near mint condition Blackstar HT5R for about half the cost of a new one. It should be arriving sometime next week! New Amp Day pics will come shortly thereafter!

But you have much nicer gear than I do. I have a secret crush on both the HOTG and your new 30th 24 ;)

So the decision has been made! I was able to locate a near mint condition Blackstar HT5R for about half the cost of a new one. It should be arriving sometime next week! New Amp Day pics will come shortly thereafter!
Yep, that was a good choice, and you're gonna love it! :top:

I have that amp in the head version, and it can get LOUD for sure.
I have ran it through an Orange 1x12 with a Celestion Vintage 30, and also an Avatar 2x12 cab with Vintage 30s.

My only complaint on it was it had lots of hiss, but then I like the gain turned up quite a bit.

3.jpg

Ya, mine hisses pretty good too. I guess I didn't think about that. But you only hear it when your not making noise.

Just picked it up yesterday! Really digging the sound of it so far! I'll post some NGD pics along with my SE Singlecut once it gets back from the shop.

I have that amp in the head version, and it can get LOUD for sure.
I have ran it through an Orange 1x12 with a Celestion Vintage 30, and also an Avatar 2x12 cab with Vintage 30s.

My only complaint on it was it had lots of hiss, but then I like the gain turned up quite a bit.

Ya, mine hisses pretty good too. I guess I didn't think about that. But you only hear it when your not making noise.

I notice a bit of noise when I've got it cranked using my buddy's strat (the Singlecut is my only electric right now) but no more than what I would expect from single coils. I'll be able to tell more once I get my SC back.

(Off topic) Speaking of the strat....I definitely enjoy the strat sound but having to play just it while my SC is in the shot makes me realize just how much better my SC feels than the strat. Funny how an SE can feel that much better than a 90s American Standard Strat to me.

Last edited:
I know what you mean as I have an iconic Gibson SG '61 Reissue 2012 model that is flawless, yet my PRS guitars are easier to play.
Go figure, main reason I bought it was most of my old favorite artists like Angus Young and Eric Clapton played them.

to the OP: what kind of guitars do you have? What guitarists do you typically play in the style of/emulate? FWIW I live in the city in an apartment and I find my Vox AC15HTVH head to be surprisingly apartment friendly. It gets nice tones at much lower volumes than most of my other amps and takes pedals very well. I paid 650$ for mine used, and whenever I look there are plenty of hand-wired voxes out there used for decent prices. I also think using 10" (vs. 12") speakers help prevent knocks at the door, just a feeling.

Edit: just saw the OP already made a decision, hope your enjoy!

Back