NWLGD - Faded Purple Jean

New Wood Library Guitar Day! A few "firsts" for me in, not only this build, but also this transaction! A little back story, per usual, with my lengthy posts. But if you'd like to skip ahead to the pics, feel free.

The wifey was asking me what I'd like for Father's Day this year. My usual reply when she asks me what I want for birthdays, Christmas, or any other gift-giving occasion is a jokingly-but-still- slightly-serious "a guitar is always a safe bet". Usually it's played off with a "I know it is..." and we move on. However, this time she asked me if I had my eye on anything in particular. I've been watching a few through various web sites and sent her the ones I'd been eyeing, still not really clinging to the idea of getting one. She asked me which one, out of all of them, would you choose. So without hesitation, I picked this one. To my surprise, she not only agreed but encouraged me to get it. It's a very unique color and quite different from everything else I have. To say I felt humbled and blessed would be an massive understatement.

The main issue, though, was it was overseas....something I have never dealt with. Before getting too excited, I reached out to the seller to see what I would be looking at in terms of having it shipped over. I won't hesitate to say, this seller was beyond accommodating. They were super-responsive and quick with communication. After a conversation over the phone, they offered to video-chat. Showing me the guitar and paperwork along with it helped put my nerves at ease about the legitimacy of the guitar itself. They also helped me get everything in order with the shipper to have the proper documentation for transit. On top of all of that, they helped keep me posted on shipment updates, and checked in every day while it went through Customs. All in all, the shipment took only a week to arrive, which I found absolutely incredible.

Anyways, here she is. A 2018 Wood Library P24 in Faded Purple Jean. Artist Grade Quilt Top, flamed neck and board, and 3-piece ash back. Firsts for me: Ash back and maple board. I have a HBII, but a piezo-equipped trem is also a first.

Pics:
9rt6dyI.jpg
3Li7axi.jpg
n8R8NtW.jpg
NrgZJQj.jpg
W5rPXtM.jpg
CtsjOL8.jpg
TWqKTJO.jpg
9uXN9QV.jpg

I added a figured maple truss rod cover....thought it ended up matching pretty well.

9yDcWRf.jpg

g4sweM5.jpg
jPKhnD5.jpg
xKbXgsW.jpg

Oooooo, nice!!!!!! I love it.

Oooooo, nice!!!!!! I love it.

Thanks Les! I'm absolutely loving the unique tonal characteristics this one is bringing to the table...quite different from my other PRS guitars! :)

Congratulations on one stunning guitar. And great images of it too!!

Thank you! I really enjoy taking photos of things that bring joy....whether it's my kids, guitars, nature, or food. Being able to capture little moments at any given time and being able to reflect on them is just something I really enjoy.

Tone Report Update:

I'm really enjoying the differences in tone from this one....the maple board and neck really bring something different than what I have had in the past. As I mentioned before, it's much punchier than my other guitars...including the HBII that has a maple neck. The notes seem to stay more resolute and less-round than that of the guitars with rosewood boards. Sliding notes seem to be more articulate and present compared to my other Custom 24's. Needless to say, they all have different compositions in one form or another, whether it's wood specifications or electronics.

A couple pics of the Custom 24 variant collection:

aiRKn8z.jpg
XGFb0fQ.jpg
pVXCQZW.jpg
zInwqV1.jpg

That just sold me on Faded Purple, what a classy and more unique color; and what a growing family of beautiful PRSs!

Now the wood grain and color of that truss rod cover looked oddly familiar, I had to double check :p
onofukyoicvqrli25fss.jpg

Thanks Les! I'm absolutely loving the unique tonal characteristics this one is bringing to the table...quite different from my other PRS guitars! :)

Thank you! I really enjoy taking photos of things that bring joy....whether it's my kids, guitars, nature, or food. Being able to capture little moments at any given time and being able to reflect on them is just something I really enjoy.

Tone Report Update:

I'm really enjoying the differences in tone from this one....the maple board and neck really bring something different than what I have had in the past. As I mentioned before, it's much punchier than my other guitars...including the HBII that has a maple neck. The notes seem to stay more resolute and less-round than that of the guitars with rosewood boards. Sliding notes seem to be more articulate and present compared to my other Custom 24's. Needless to say, they all have different compositions in one form or another, whether it's wood specifications or electronics.

A couple pics of the Custom 24 variant collection:

aiRKn8z.jpg
XGFb0fQ.jpg

pVXCQZW.jpg
zInwqV1.jpg

What a fantastic group of guitars!!! Love 'em all!

Holy crap...Great group!!!!

Thank you! I'm very grateful to be able to acquire these over the years! I remember back when owning a PRS seemed like it'd never happen, but here we are today! I've been pretty much in the "never sell" camp for a while, so while my collection isn't as extensive as I've seen, it's still steadily growing. :D

That purple quilt is insane!

Thanks, Alnus! I thought so too....as you can see from my other Custom 24's, I'm generally a flamed maple kinda guy. But man, when I saw this quilt, I just thought it was so pretty. And it's also completely different from everything else I have!

That's a great looking family of guitars.

Thanks, man! It's steadily growing....not pictured here are my Custom 22, a Hollowbody II, and an SE A50 Acoustic (I just wanted to do a shot of the Custom 24 variant). Thinking it may be time to update the "Family Photo" and post it to the corresponding thread! :rolleyes:

Lovely family! Thanks for sharing!!

You bet! Thanks for the kind words!

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
The 2nd best looking guitar after mine!!!

Thank you! I can gladly take second place! ;)

I'd love to see a pic or two of yours as well!

That just sold me on Faded Purple, what a classy and more unique color; and what a growing family of beautiful PRSs!

Now the wood grain and color of that truss rod cover looked oddly familiar, I had to double check :p
onofukyoicvqrli25fss.jpg

That is so awesome I got that from you! This makes me so happy I unknowingly picked something up from another forum member! Considering I had only gone off of both pictures of the guitar and of the truss rod cover when I ordered it, I thought it ended up matching pretty well!

BTW, the fit and finish of it is absolutely perfect! Everything from the thickness, height, width, and countersunk screw hole matched perfectly! Thank you so much!

What a fantastic group of guitars!!! Love 'em all!

Thanks Les! Having seen your collection many a time, that's a fantastic compliment!

Yeow!! Those are some hotties!!

Thank you! I must say, they're very photogenic and don't have a "bad angle" to speak of! ;)

That is so awesome I got that from you! This makes me so happy I unknowingly picked something up from another forum member! Considering I had only gone off of both pictures of the guitar and of the truss rod cover when I ordered it, I thought it ended up matching pretty well!

BTW, the fit and finish of it is absolutely perfect! Everything from the thickness, height, width, and countersunk screw hole matched perfectly! Thank you so much!
You're welcome ! Up until couple weeks ago I made those by hand (that one included).
Now I can use a small CNC I just got; doesn't really save me time for TRCs but it makes the shape consistent. For backplates though the CNC is wonderful compared to using a table router ;-)

Back