NWLGD - Faded Purple Jean

That is one fine collection of wood and metal. Sounds like the carbon based life-form which you occupy your living facility with is of a fine build as well!! Enjoy them both for many years to come!! Congratulations on your winner (wife) winner (PRS) guitar dinner!

That is a beaut!

I have a regular-construction P24, and it sounds fantastic, and I love the pseudo-acoustic tones I can get using the piezo (through I will admit my HBs are closer to the real deal).

I can only imagine what the maple neck, FB, and swamp ash body (with maple cap) must do to the tone!

Great looking instrument. Congrats even more on the wonderfully supportive wife! It’s a real blessing!

Thank you! I'm grateful every day for the wonderful person I've been so fortunate to have found to go through life with....who also tolerates my undying lust for fancy guitars! She is truly a remarkable person!

Great story!
Great guitar!

Thanks! I always enjoy sharing the back story of guitar acquisitions, primarily because I like hearing others' as well. Obtaining something that inspires you to create...whether it's an instrument, a new set of paints, a new camera, or whatever else one's interest is, it's always a wonderful feeling to have that excitement!

Wow! Very, very awesome guitar, story, and thread!

Stunning guitar and wonderful story! The pictures are terrific as well!

Thank you very much! I always enjoy taking pictures of various things, guitars especially. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm no photographer (all of these were taken on my iPhone, I don't even own a camera) but I really enjoy capturing things in interesting angles and points of view. ;)

Congrats on such an exquisite specimen, you're a winner on all accounts, enjoy it in good health

Thank you! I'm going to put this into the rotation and I'm very excited to play it in a band setting, and see how it fits into what we do. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't disappoint. :p

One of the nicest guitars I've seen!!! Enjoy it!!!

Thank you so much! I thought the same thing when I first saw it....one of the nicest I've ever seen. Very unique, for sure!

Seriously!

That is one fine collection of wood and metal. Sounds like the carbon based life-form which you occupy your living facility with is of a fine build as well!! Enjoy them both for many years to come!! Congratulations on your winner (wife) winner (PRS) guitar dinner!

:D Your euphemisms made me smile! Thank you so much!

The guitar is what I would spec out if I were to go private stock, right down to the color. The wife? Absolutely priceless.

Priceless is spot-on! You can't put value on having someone who supports and embraces your passions, regardless of how never-ending they seem to be. :)

That’s like a NPSGD!

Thanks! I thought that the top looked like it could've come straight from "The Vault" when I saw it. I still smile whenever I open the case.

Well that's freaking gorgeous.

Thank you!

That is a beaut!

I have a regular-construction P24, and it sounds fantastic, and I love the pseudo-acoustic tones I can get using the piezo (through I will admit my HBs are closer to the real deal).

I can only imagine what the maple neck, FB, and swamp ash body (with maple cap) must do to the tone!

Thank you! Yeah, as I mentioned, I can't tell a big difference between the P24 and the HBII when it comes to the piezo tonal characteristics. They do both have maple necks, so maybe that's coming into play?

I will say, I get a more acoustic "feel" out of my HBII being that it's fully hollow and the body reverberations give me more of an acoustic guitar experience than that of a solid-body guitar.

Either way they're both incredible instruments and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to have the option of both.

Amazing guitar! Congrats

Thank you very much!

Congrats! That is one absolutely stunning guitar! Made all the better by having the tick of approval and encouragement from you wife!

WOW! I love it!!

Thanks! That makes two of us! ;)

DUUUUDE!! That's a friggin stunner!

And your wife ROCKS!!! Congrats on both my man!!

Thanks, brother! I'm feeling very blessed, for sure. :)

Holy carp! That is insane!
Congrats, it's killer.

Thank you!

Amazing!!!! Much congrats! Love everything about it!

:cool:

I'm enjoying every minute of it! I'm lucky enough to work close to home, so I literally just got back from playing it on my lunch break! :D

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on having such a cool lady and guitar.

Thank you so much! Like I mentioned before, feeling blessed and grateful is an understatement! Having somebody who levels with you on decisions (and being able to level with them) like these is something I'm very proud to have in our relationship. :)

that is just amazing! Man I wish my wife was as cool as yours!

Trust me, there's been plenty of "I don't think now is the time" and "don't you have enough guitars?" when I've proposed adding another to my collection. But never waver, just work through it and trust in eachother.

It's funny, I even asked her after she agreed...."what makes this one different? You've kinda shot down the last one's I've shown interest in." She joked, "I guess you just wore me down." :p

REALLY like it!

I would love to hear how it compares to my 3 CU 24's with the wood that it has...

It's quite different from my other Custom 24's. I have two that are pretty "standard spec" with mahogany neck and back, maple top, and rosewood board....one with a mahogany back, maple top, rosewood neck and BRW board. This one is definitely much punchier and more articulate.

However, my 35th Anniversary Custom 24 chimes a bit more than this one, oddly. Perhaps it's the CAB finish, the specific pieces of wood used, or just the some of all it's parts? Not really sure.

Please stop sharing pics/posts of Purple-ish guitars. I'm pretty sure I don't need another guitar, but this color tone is creating problems with my current hypothesis.

So you want us all to post more pictures of purple guitars, right? :p

Congrats! That is one absolutely stunning guitar! Made all the better by having the tick of approval and encouragement from you wife!

Very true....having that support system is absolutely priceless!

Back