NSD (New Song Day) - "King Of MW"

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
My song release for this week was penned in 2018, and has finally made it out of my head so I can move on!! Give a listen if you are so inclined and thanks in advance for any feedback (good and bad welcome, I have thick skin)!!!

https://moondogwily.bandcamp.com/track/king-of-mw

HBII (Hoorman Gitfiddle) on right channel finger pickin' guitar, PS CU24 (Wolfy MooNAMM) on left channel slide guitar! MM Stingray on bass.

If the artwork has you scratchin' your head, read the first 6 lines of the lyrics below that image and it should make more sense!!!

Also, if anyone knows of someone who might be able to fabricate me a chair as depicted in this artwork, I would like to chat with them. I have a full 3D model that I created for this (without brain and crown and slightly updated from this one) that I am thinking I want to have someone build. This would be a great musical throne for Mr. Smith as well!!! I was looking at 3D models of thrones online for this artwork and just did not like what I was seeing, so I built my own (digitally anyway)!!! Now I want one!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

KingOfMW_Final_1200x1200.jpg

King Of MW - Copyright May 30, 2018 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

I am
King of Moondog Wily
My castle is his brain

I sit teetering
On my tightroped throne
Tryin' to balance tween sane insane

I'm a
Collection of stardust
Planted energy field supplied

I am
Floating through a forest
Where stars and black holes collide

I got a thought or two I'd like to share
Thank you for listenin' the truth I swear
I will sing with all of my heart
What I believe and maybe we can make a new start

I am a
Son of the father
Of all of your gods combined

I am
Unique, just like you
A product of our space and time

You are
Part of me now
A connection we will always share

We are
All that we need now
To feel the love in the air

I will sing with all my heart

You are what you are
And what you think
So think love and
Mind and world will link
And we can build
A future time
Where equality lives in
More than eyes of divine

I will sing with all my heart

I am
Searching day and night
For the reasons why it like it is

I am
Confused by leaders
Acting like spoiled little kids

I will
Try to show the folly
Of the arguments that they make

So let's
Call 'em out on their fakes
And a brighter future we awake

I will sing with all of my heart

I am
King of Moondog Wily
My castle is his brain

I sit
Spaced on my tightroped throne
Tryin' to balance tween sane insane

Wow, thanks everyone. I was himmin' and hawin' on the slide! I kept turning it down because I thought it might be too annoying for anyone but me ;~)) I guess when my girlfriend did not ***** about it, I should have know it was not an issue (she is a no holds bared assessor of my productions). Glad I learned how to play slide 5 weeks ago for my Giddy Up With A Whiskey Cup song. I really do believe it adds a nice "pad like" layer that flows underneath this song. Next song, all amps on 11!!! Going to start doing some of my Funk stuff as I am starting to yawn with these moody philosophical bits. Glad I got it out of my head though and your feedback is very much appreciated!!!

Also, went to check out a second song during lunch and saw the picture on that song, and I'm like "wait a minute. That's Danktat! (KB). Is this guy playing two parts in the forum like Samantha and Serena on Bewitched?" o_O

Then I saw in the credits that he was a paid spokesmodel or something.

Also, went to check out a second song during lunch and saw the picture on that song, and I'm like "wait a minute. That's Danktat! (KB). Is this guy playing two parts in the forum like Samantha and Serena on Bewitched?" o_O

Then I saw in the credits that he was a paid spokesmodel or something.
Yeah, not exactly "paid", but he had posted a picture here on the forum and my response was "Giddy Up With A Whiskey Cup". As soon as I hit "Post Reply", I thought, that's a song!!! 15 minutes later, I had the lyrics. A few weeks later (after I figured out how to play rudimentary slide - to the annoyance of my fingers and my girlfriend), I released the song. Thanks for listening, I appreciate everyone's feedback and the time you spend listening to my sh!t ;~))

Yeah, not exactly "paid", but he had posted a picture here on the forum and my response was "Giddy Up With A Whiskey Cup". As soon as I hit "Post Reply", I thought, that's a song!!! 15 minutes later, I had the lyrics. A few weeks later (after I figured out how to play rudimentary slide - to the annoyance of my fingers and my girlfriend), I released the song. Thanks for listening, I appreciate everyone's feedback and the time you spend listening to my sh!t ;~))
Cool story!

Back