NPSD: A Prickly Situation...

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
I am rarely without words...or at least with so few. Damn near speechless. I remember when this baby showed up at Brian's Guitars a few months ago. It was pretty much sold before I even clicked on the pics. It boomeranged back to Brian's, and thanks to Brian and Corey I was able to take her home. Lost a few good ones in the process, but absolutely no regrets. This is my first time even touching a Private Stock, and I cannot be more impressed.

This is certainly one of those finishes that is incredibly hard to photograph due to all of the different colors that pop in and out at different angles. I'ma gonna shup up now and play. But, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you PS# 5583, Paul's Guitar in Prickly Pear, new to me, "Miss Blyden"

Basement iPhone shots:
2_zpsjrntp8a2.jpg

1_zpsc2ai4lru.jpg

Beauty Shots from Brian's:

DSC_8304_zpsw1cdy3lp.jpg

DSC_8303_zpsqh3rtrrv.jpg

DSC_8316_zpsprk9frl3.jpg

DSC_8306_zpsbl6dqsf1.jpg

DSC_8309_zpsohji3rvv.jpg

SPECS: Brian and The Team knocked it out of the park when they originally spec'd this one. I don't think I would have changed a thing, and I cannot imagine finding a more stunning quilt in the vault myself:

Model: Paul's Guitar
Neck Wood: Figured Peruvian Mahogany
Fingerboard Wood: Brazilian Rosewood
Top Wood: Quilted Maple
Back Wood: African Ribbon Mahogany
Headstock Veneer Wood: Quilted Maple
Neck Carve: Pattern
Side Dots: MOP
Color/Stain: Prickly Pear
Fingerboard Inlays: Red/Orange Spiney Birds with Gold MOP Outlines
Headstock Inlay: Red/Orange Spiney Private Stock Eagle with Gold MOP Outline
Finish: High Gloss Nitro
Pickups: Narrow 408
Hardware: Gold/Nickel Tremolo, Phase III Tuners with Brazilian Rosewood Buttons, Quilted Maple Backplates
Case: Private Stock Black Carbon Fiber Tolex

Super top!!! Love the perfect bookmatching!

If it were mine I might change the back plates to match the body...

That's everything a PS should be, so very awesome! Congrats and play the heck out of it!

That's an incredible finish, very unique, at least it seems so. Bet it rocks.

Wow! Congrats. Love the color. Wait, figured Peruvian??? D@mn, I didn't even know that existed. Should've asked. What's that case look like? Black carbon fiber? WTF is that? Should've browsed the tolex site more.

That's horrible!... Let me help you by taking it off your hands :)

(She's a beauty, congratulations)

That's an incredible finish, very unique, at least it seems so. Bet it rocks.

It is touted as the first ever Prickly Pear finish...not sure if there has ever been (or ever will be lol) another. It's pretty amazing in person - amberish head-on, greenish from some angles, reddish from others.

It rocks out with it's c*** out! I am surprised at how different it sounds from my other Paul's Guitar (which is a stoptail). Not night and day, mind you, but definitely a bolder version, with otherworldly sustain.

Wow! Congrats. Love the color. Wait, figured Peruvian??? D@mn, I didn't even know that existed. Should've asked. What's that case look like? Black carbon fiber? WTF is that? Should've browsed the tolex site more.

Gratuitous neck, case and headstock shots...just 'coz I love it sooo much :)

DSC_8314_zpsiugrvhjn.jpg

DSC_8323_zpsoxab25yc.jpg

DSC_8312_zpsaxg5m1su.jpg

Back