NGD

I'm a few hours late posting this, because it's after midnight, so NGD was actually yesterday. I always wanted to own a DGT, but previously got sidetracked.

Now I have one.

So far it's great. Gretz set it up as he usually does for me, but with the stock .011s instead of my usual .010s (I wanted to try the stock gauge). Others have mentioned that with the tall frets the .011s are pretty easy to play. I think that's true. I like the way they feel and sound, especially playing arpeggios or strumming.

The pickups seem to have a wide useful range, too.

It's got a Brazilian RW fretboard, something I like to have for that little bit of extra snap on the note attack.

I can understand why people hang onto these. I can't wait to play it more and become more familiar with how it responds.

KDPJPqq.jpg
Dayyyyyuuuummmmmmmmmm!!! $weetne$$!!!

Yes; played it this morning, too.

The guitar is its own thing, in feel, in overall vibe, and tone. Playing it's not yet second-nature.

I need to work with it for a while to know what the heck to do with it! :)

It’s funny how that can be, get a new guitar thinking you know what it’s going to be, but then in reality, it takes some time to get to know it, how it fits into your rig, and how exactly to use it.

It’s part of the mystery of life, I suppose.

That’s one of the best tops I’ve seen. What are the inlays?
Thanks! I think Jack said abalone with paua centers, but don't quote me on it. I could be wrong.

It’s funny how that can be, get a new guitar thinking you know what it’s going to be, but then in reality, it takes some time to get to know it, how it fits into your rig, and how exactly to use it.
No question. There's also the relative unfamiliarity of the neck, frets, string gauge. It feels great, but my fingers are still getting used to where to. land, and what to do when they get there! ;)

I'm a few hours late posting this, because it's after midnight, so NGD was actually yesterday. I always wanted to own a DGT, but previously got sidetracked.

Now I have one.

So far it's great. Gretz set it up as he usually does for me, but with the stock .011s instead of my usual .010s (I wanted to try the stock gauge). Others have mentioned that with the tall frets the .011s are pretty easy to play. I think that's true. I like the way they feel and sound, especially playing arpeggios or strumming.

The pickups seem to have a wide useful range, too.

It's got a Brazilian RW fretboard, something I like to have for that little bit of extra snap on the note attack.

I can understand why people hang onto these. I can't wait to play it more and become more familiar with how it responds.

KDPJPqq.jpg

Haven't been on Forum much this summer.... I missed this.

F'N AWESOME !!!!!! SOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!

HUUUUUGE CONGRATS !!!

Of all the guitars whose pics I posted over the years, this is the only one anyone ever called dibs for.

And it got two!

I clearly hit the dibs lottery! :D

"Tell him what he's won, Bob."

"A New Old Stock Sweet Switch washer made of 24 karat Unobtainium!"

"He's walking off the set, Bob. What do we do?"

"Beats me. No one's ever walked off the set before..."

"We have to fill the time. Can you, uh, sing or dance?"

"If I could sing or dance, do you think I'd be hosting a game show?"
If that’s true and no others have been claimed then I call dibs on the hammer of the gods.

That is an unbelievably beautiful guitar! You , (;)and that guitar could be a bad influence)
Thanks for the kind words about the guitar!

When I was a kid, my best friend's mother was convinced I was a bad influence on her son, and my mother was convinced that it was the other way around.

They were both right! It was a Mutual Bad Influence Society. That might be the case here... ;)

Thanks for the kind words about the guitar!

When I was a kid, my best friend's mother was convinced I was a bad influence on her son, and my mother was convinced that it was the other way around.

They were both right! It was a Mutual Bad Influence Society. That might be the case here... ;)
I was clearly a bad influence as a child (and probably to this day), but I tried to take advantage of that for my friends. I always told them "If you parents ask, blame it on me, I don't care and they can't touch me!" ;~))

Back