NGD

László

Too Many Notes
I'm a few hours late posting this, because it's after midnight, so NGD was actually yesterday. I always wanted to own a DGT, but previously got sidetracked.

Now I have one.

So far it's great. Gretz set it up as he usually does for me, but with the stock .011s instead of my usual .010s (I wanted to try the stock gauge). Others have mentioned that with the tall frets the .011s are pretty easy to play. I think that's true. I like the way they feel and sound, especially playing arpeggios or strumming.

The pickups seem to have a wide useful range, too.

It's got a Brazilian RW fretboard, something I like to have for that little bit of extra snap on the note attack.

I can understand why people hang onto these. I can't wait to play it more and become more familiar with how it responds.

KDPJPqq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a few hours late posting this, because it's after midnight, so NGD was actually yesterday. I always wanted to own a DGT, but previously got sidetracked.

Now I have one.

So far it's great. Gretz set it up as he usually does for me, but with the stock .011s instead of my usual .010s (I wanted to try the stock gauge). Others have mentioned that with the tall frets the .011s are pretty easy to play. I think that's true. I like the way they feel and sound, especially playing arpeggios or strumming.

It's got a Brazilian RW fretboard, something I like to have for that little bit of extra snap on the note attack.

I can understand why people hang onto these. I can't wait to play it more and become more familiar with how it responds.

KDPJPqq.jpg
Nice

Now I have one.

KDPJPqq.jpg
Beautiful! Up to your usual “to shelf” standards. I am willing to bet that when you sell it one day, those 11’s will still be on there ;) (with your aversion to string changes).

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Are the saddles un-plated brass?
I'm pretty sure they're plated (it's got PRS' mixed nickel/gold hardware). It's an intriguing question, given PRS' penchant for un-plated contact points for the strings on other parts and models.

Whatever it is, the guitar certainly sounds the business!

I am willing to bet that when you sell it one day, those 11’s will still be on there ;) (with your aversion to string changes).
You know me well, and ordinarily you'd be 100% right!

But for the past few years I've been putting the pure nickel Sono-Tone Vintage strings on my guitars. They're brighter than most pure nickels, but retain that very solid fundamental frequency that pure nickels seem to have. I like the tone I've been getting with them on my other guitars.

I figure I won't know how they'd be on the DGT unless I give them a shot. So I have a set coming. It'll be interesting to find out how they compare, and whether the setup will need tweaking (it hasn't on my other guitars).

Science experiment! :)

Whew… is it getting hot in here???

That’s a stunner! Charcoal on a WL top? They can really make that finish pop on a nice, deeply figured piece of wood.

Happy NGD!!!
Confession:

My eyeballs about popped out of their sockets when I saw it on Jack's site. I sent the deposit to hold it before hearing it. Didn't even ask Jack to compare it with the others or send me a clip.

I always say I don't buy 'em for looks. But...may the great gods of tone not strike me with lightning bolts for my transgression, I bought this one for looks. :eek:

Thank goodness, it sounds really good. I got a lucky break (though Jack would have let me exchange it if I didn't like it, so the risk wasn't all that high).

Last edited:
Back