NGD

I'm so glad everyone likes the look of the guitar! Thanks!

I have 10s on mine keep meaning to try 11s someday just to see. If your sounds anything like mine nobody is getting to from you. Congrats

I'm pleasantly surprised. So far I'm getting along with the 11s pretty well!

Wow. Glad to know that any remaining holes in your collection just decreased by one.

Looking forward to the tone report including your take on the coil taps/splits.

Honest, It's more of a hole collection than a guitar collection! ;)

On the coil taps or splits, I'm not qualified to offer an opinion.

I plead ignorance - I've never used them on any guitar I've owned that had that feature. Not because they sound bad or aren't a good idea, I just like playing humbuckers, and am a lot less interested in single coil guitars. So I don't have a valid point of reference. I haven't owned a Strat or Tele since the late '90s.

My son, the Strat and Tele player, thinks I'm out of my mind.

"So does everyone else, Laz."

Of all the guitars whose pics I posted over the years, this is the only one anyone ever called dibs for.

And it got two!

I clearly hit the dibs lottery! :D
I want dibs on any of your guitars, I just didn’t say it.

Confession:

My eyeballs about popped out of their sockets when I saw it on Jack's site. I sent the deposit to hold it before hearing it. Didn't even ask Jack to compare it with the others or send me a clip.

I always say I don't buy 'em for looks. But...may the great gods of tone not strike me with lightning bolts for my transgression, I bought this one for looks. :eek:

Thank goodness, it sounds really good. I got a lucky break (though Jack would have let me exchange it if I didn't like it, so the risk wasn't all that high).

Eh, I think you're safe - in my experience PRS is putting out some very consistent guitars these days. I used a 594 at a shop when I was demoing an amp a while back, and it was dead on to my 594 at home. And, when I ran through some S2 594's, because there was just something I liked about them, those were also extremely consistent. There was one that had a special hold on me, but it was a minutiae thing - I doubt someone demoing them for me would've picked up on it.

There's always the little variance due to the wood, but at this point it's more of a "personality" thing than a question of good or bad.

Eh, I think you're safe - in my experience PRS is putting out some very consistent guitars these days. I used a 594 at a shop when I was demoing an amp a while back, and it was dead on to my 594 at home. And, when I ran through some S2 594's, because there was just something I liked about them, those were also extremely consistent. There was one that had a special hold on me, but it was a minutiae thing - I doubt someone demoing them for me would've picked up on it.

There's always the little variance due to the wood, but at this point it's more of a "personality" thing than a question of good or bad.

No doubt, they're very consistent, and all have been excellent guitars.

But some have been off-the-chart, make-your-hair-stand-on-end, great, where you know from the moment you hear them that you have something unusual in your hands. My PS models are like that. That's why they've been here for years.

With others (I've had 36-37 PRS Core or up), takes me a while to know. Most often, I've screwed up and haven't realized I had something special on my hands until I sold it, and missed it.

I always regret selling a great one, but as Joni Mitchell sang...

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone...

That's a friggin beauty. Funny that you finally admit you bought one based on it's looks though. I've been super suspicious for years because ALL your guitars end up LOOKING fantastic. Your CU24 - ridiculous. Still my favorite! But that DGT is some bad-azz stuff. Congrats!

That is soooooooo Gorgeous!! Glad you had some one on one alone time getting acquainted this weekend!!

That's a friggin beauty. Funny that you finally admit you bought one based on it's looks though. I've been super suspicious for years because ALL your guitars end up LOOKING fantastic. Your CU24 - ridiculous. Still my favorite! But that DGT is some bad-azz stuff. Congrats!
I didn't want to get that CU24 at first. I was looking at a Core version of it.

I asked Jack to send a clip of it through an amp similar to one of mine, just so I could hear a comparison of the Core I was interested in vs. a PS model.

Couldn't get its tone out of my head. It does look nice, but it sounds better than it looks. I had to have it after I heard the clip.

It's true that I like pretty guitars, but I generally don't buy them unless they sound great, no matter how pretty they are. It's nice to have both great looks and a special tone in the same instrument.

With this one I got a little wild and crazy. If it didn't sound good, however, I'd have sent it back. It sounds good, so I'm saved that trouble.

Last edited:
Back