NGD to me - McSoapy

I may come back to this idea, it looks fire
I will mention that from the pure looks department (player’s view only) there is some sort of washer/spacer thing going on. Not exactly the prettiest, but I would imagine there is a way to avoid that…

tbQx052.jpg

I will mention that from the pure looks department (player’s view only) there is some sort of washer/spacer thing going on. Not exactly the prettiest, but I imagine there is a way to avoid that…

tbQx052.jpg
It's not that. If you look inside the electronics cavity, you will notice that the section where the 3way used to be, the cavity is recessed to accommodate the shorter thread of the 3way switch.

It's not the washer you should worry about; it's the cavity area where the 3-way switch was relocated to. That should be your worry. In the best-case scenario, the different switch was used with a longer thread—alternatively, the nut with a longer thread - like they use it in Gibsons.

In the worst-case scenario, the cavity was butchered to make the stock switch fit - that would be a shame.

It's not that. If you look inside the electronics cavity, you will notice that the section where the 3way used to be, the cavity is recessed to accommodate the shorter thread of the 3way switch.

It's not the washer you should worry about; it's the cavity area where the 3-way switch was relocated to. That should be your worry. In the best-case scenario, the different switch was used with a longer thread—alternatively, the nut with a longer thread - like they use it in Gibsons.

In the worst-case scenario, the cavity was butchered to make the stock switch fit - that would be a shame.
Gotcha - it is clean in there, so looks like it was done the right way

I had one just like it, my first McCarty Soapbar. I liked it so much I bought another with a Rosewood neck. Then I was an IDIOT and sold them both.

I did not make that mistake with my 594 Soapbar - though I'll admit I've been tempted to downsize from time to time.

Hang onto that one, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Back