NGD: SE 245 2022

stankbank

Stoked for this! I should have it by Tues or Wed of this week. I already ordered the SE Locking Tuners. This will be my second PRS after my S2 Custom 24.

f4micsjthd7q7nwnhfr0.webp

Congratulations and as @ScottR says, SE245’s rule.

Just got mine back from the tech with a new set of pickups (again, yes I know I need to add pics and I will).

A set of Amber lampshades might look nice on your new guitar and the tonal value they add is out of this world.

Ok they don’t affect the tone, well the tone knobs do, but you know!

I’m gonna stop talking.

Really nice guitar. Hope it rocks.

I think I found them:

PRS Stoptail Bridge Studs, Metric Thread, UNPLATED POLISHED BRASS, #ACC-4045

Those are the ones! I put a set on my SE 245 and SE HB II Piezo. In my opinion they give more sustain.

Update - today I received the guitar. Generally looks pretty good!

It is setup well, but I had to make a few tweaks to relief and pickups. Unfortunately, it seems like the intonation range is maxed out. Primarily the high B/G strings are too sharp when fretted at 12th fret, and there is no room left to move the saddle screws to get it to even tuning.

What can be done in this situation, given the bridge type, etc.? I am bit a disappointed :(

The low E and A are severely sharp when fretted at 12th, but there is a BIT of room to move the saddle away from the neck.

IMG-1558.jpg

Looks like I may be able to set the grub screws further back to give me more travel?

Last edited:
Back