NGD S2 Semi Hollow Mira - Vintage Cherry

CroceFan4life

Came in a couple days ago. Finish is really nice. A little brighter red than I expected but it's really pretty. Nice wood grain too. Paired with a Force Four EM-1 that came in last week. Won best of show at the Summer NAMM. 5W with a 10" speaker and gives the Mira a really nice tone. I needed a smaller and light weight amp and at 10lbs this fit the bill. One big advantage to the Semi Hollow Mira is the lighter weight. Mine was 6lbs 4 oz. A bonus for people with back issues.

Photos - don't let the reflections fool you. The finish is spotless. The bird flew off before I could get a pic, so I added him back in. ;)

PRSMira2.jpg
PRSMira1.jpg
PRSMira3.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to ask about the neck pickup. Is it supposed to be screwed down flush with the guitar body? I thought that was odd because the bridge pickup is at a normal height just below the strings. Sweetwater inspected it before shipping and it's supposed to be just like PRS wants it.

I'm seeing quite a few NGD's for the semi-hollow. Sure glad that I didn't jump the gun and buy the S2 Mira a few months ago. Mine has a date of manufacture (DOM) of 8/28/2014. Sweetwater got it and it sold within two weeks of manufacture. That's a fast turnaround.

Last edited:
Nice!! It's like the semi-hollow, 22 fret version of mine from '07!

Just looking at it I'd say the neck pickup is too low. Not sure why anyone would have adjusted it like that, it's not normal. But, it might be your preference.

Beautiful guitar. The semi-hollow S2s really lifted this line for me.

Nice-looking guitar! And how do you like that amp? I've seen pics of those, but I've never tried one. It looks pretty portable--is it mainly a practice amp or can it be gigged with?
Regarding the neck pickup--it looks a little low, but don't go by looks, go by sound. I like the neck and bridge pickups to have equal output when the volume control(s) is/are all the way up, but your mileage may vary...

Sweet looking guitar! The Miras are really starting to grow on me, and I like the idea of (another) semi-hollow. Yeah, I would agree that the neck pickup "looks" low, but maybe it happens to sound the way you like that way - some folks like the bridge pup higher so that when they switch to a lead/solo mode, they have a built in boost and don't have to mash a pedal.

I've been very impressed with the amp. It's a class A with tube emulation. Really a nice clean sound that fills a room. I tried my reverb pedal with it last night and the amp is responsive when I dig in. There's a youtube vid of it getting dropped off chairs and ladders without breaking. It seems tough enough to handle gigging. I'm going to start carrying it back and forth to church and other places I play. I have a Fender Blues jr and its just too heavy to lug around anymore. I'd have to use the bigger Fender amp in noisy places like bars, but I don't play those much anymore.

Nice-looking guitar! And how do you like that amp? I've seen pics of those, but I've never tried one. It looks pretty portable--is it mainly a practice amp or can it be gigged with?
Regarding the neck pickup--it looks a little low, but don't go by looks, go by sound. I like the neck and bridge pickups to have equal output when the volume control(s) is/are all the way up, but your mileage may vary...

Last edited:
Very nice! Mine has the neck low/bridge high thing going on too. I thought the dealer had tweaked it but maybe not (different dealer). I've since changed pickups so they're adjusted to how I like them now.

I just installed my Schaller strap locks. They sell them now with an extra set of long screws. I found a set on Ebay. The longer screw was an exact match for the original PRS screw. Same length and same diameter.

Sure glad I didn't have any issues with tightening the screw. I was very careful not to over tighten and strip it. That would be a very serious error. I do wish PRS used the felt washers to protect the finish. Like the Fender guitars do. Anyway, the locks are on and are tight.

If you buy Schallers notice the packaging. Some only have the two short screws and some come with the short and the long screws. A PRS S2 guitar needs the long screws.

I use different straps depending on where I'm playing. I have the Schaller buttons on all of them. Makes it very quick and easy to switch my strap before leaving the house.

Last edited:
Back