'91 Custom 24 Semi-Hollow Limited

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
I saw this in my wanderings , reminded me of one I built . Anybody played one? I don't have a P24 in the collection .... no f holes are nice on the feed back .. Vintage Sunburst, Number 54 of the 300 that were available, Carved figured Redwood top, Semi-hollow Mahogany body, Regular carved Mahogany neck, 10″ radius Rosewood fingerboard with the Bird inlays, 25″ scale length, 1 11/16th” nut width, PRS Vintage bridge and neck pickups, 5-way rotary switching with the master volume and tone controls, ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece, PRS/Schaller locking tuners, 6.8 pounds.

raw8ol3ilqgf0qhtuqrv.jpg

vypsczjyxalspwvsh5og.jpg

I've got one, #220/300; same redwood top and color finish and looks basically just like the one shown above. Mine is a 1990 serial number, so I'm surprised that #54 was much later enough to get a '91 serial number. (Although, stranger things have happened, due to guitars being sent back to the beginning due to finish flaws, etc. during building.)

The pickups--which, I should note, are Vintage Bass pickups in both positions (mine say "Vintage Bass LE" underneath)--are fabulously low-output but extremely clear, balanced, and musical. The guitar is lightweight and resonates very well along with the strings. In overall tone & feel, it gives me a very strong Gibson ES-3xx vibe, despite the fact that it's a bit smaller body, PRS scale length, etc. One of the finest I've got.

I just ran into number 4 of 300. It is interesting in that it doesn’t have any signs that it was ever signed on the headstock. I’ll see if I can post pics soon.

I saw this in my wanderings , reminded me of one I built . Anybody played one? I don't have a P24 in the collection .... no f holes are nice on the feed back .. Vintage Sunburst, Number 54 of the 300 that were available, Carved figured Redwood top, Semi-hollow Mahogany body, Regular carved Mahogany neck, 10″ radius Rosewood fingerboard with the Bird inlays, 25″ scale length, 1 11/16th” nut width, PRS Vintage bridge and neck pickups, 5-way rotary switching with the master volume and tone controls, ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece, PRS/Schaller locking tuners, 6.8 pounds.

raw8ol3ilqgf0qhtuqrv.jpg

vypsczjyxalspwvsh5og.jpg
Still on the verb as we speak….

Back