NGD: PRS P22 Artist Package Quilt Aqua Verde Fog

That's just gorgeous. I played a P22 at GC today and it was my favorite of the bunch, and I probably played about 20 PRS guitars while I was there. If they'd had one this color I might have had to come home with it.

Well sadly I'm bumping this thread with some bad news, this one went back to the PTC for some warranty repairs regarding the V12 clearcoat and when it was shipped back they didn't put the signature requirement on the package and it was delivered mid-day on a weekday when no one was home and after going through the whole process with FedEx, they've determined it definitely wasn't delivered to the wrong address so they're saying it's been stolen at this point. :( I wanted to put the info out there in case anyone sees the guitar, PLEASE let me know immediately! I'm filing the police report today now that FedEx has officially determined it's gone, but if anyone frequents guitar or pawn shops in the Northern VA (or possibly even surrounding areas like DC/MD etc.) as well as Craigslist in nearby areas, keep your eyes out for this one please!

Pertinent info:

2012 PRS Artist Package P22
Quilted Maple Top
Ebony Fretboard
Hybrid Hardware

Serial # 12 196182

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_9_zpsf74488eb.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_24_zpscbf23566.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_8_zpsc39a2fca.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_42_zpsc7057bf9.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_34_zpsde8d9424.jpg

Fortunately this one has a pretty unique top and finish so short of someone trying to refinish it and change the serial as well, it should be pretty easy to spot! Chances are pretty good if this jackass was dumb enough to swipe something off my porch, he's probably dumb enough to try to sell it too. Thanks guys!

Man, I am so sorry to hear about this!!!! What a beautiful guitar...I've had equipment stolen from me too and it's a terrible, sinking feeling. There is nothing more cowardly than a thief. That's someone's livelyhood, someone's means of creation....kinda boils my blood just thinking about it. Well, I'm not in the area but I'll take good mental note, being as though I browse a lot of guitar sites, and see if this jacka$$ will try to sell it online. Best wishes...

Last edited:
Aww man....I hate hearing stories like this. I empathize as I have been there myself. Sending good vibes your way for a safe return of your gorgeous artist package!

I thought FedEx required direct signature on a value over $600 or so?

I know for my eBay if it's over $250 I require a direct signature. Tons of people complain but it usually weeds out things like this.

Really, really sorry to hear man. Hopefully it turns up soon. Best of luck.

The top 2 greens are fantastic - the others are great looking too but I REALLY like the top two colors. Reminds me of a ninja turtle shell.:laugh::rock:

edited to say: Oh crap sorry to hear, that sucks!! At least the last 3 guitars I was receiving shipped by FedEx, and I mean years apart, disappeared as "mysteriously stolen" when they allegedly delivered it, even with the delivery signature requirement. I'd be too afraid to use them again.

Last edited:
I thought FedEx required direct signature on a value over $600 or so?

I know for my eBay if it's over $250 I require a direct signature. Tons of people complain but it usually weeds out things like this.

Really, really sorry to hear man. Hopefully it turns up soon. Best of luck.

I thought so too but apparently that's not the case. :bawling:

That really suck... hope your guitar find its way back home.
If you end up not getting the PRS back, will Fedex reimburse you for the value of the insturment? PTC must have insured the package.

Last edited:
Just got an update this afternoon! PRS has reached out and they've offered to replace the stolen guitar for me! They're proving once again why I continue to buy guitar after guitar from them, they take excellent care of their customers! I'd like to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone over @ PRS who helped here (including Paul himself too!), they managed to turn a seriously sad situation into a happy ending for a loyal PRS lover! :D Thanks again for the warm words guys, I'm okay waiting for a bit for the replacement guitar, I'm just happy that big ball of stress forming in my stomach from the guitar going missing is finally able to uncoil a bit! :beer:

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!
That is just way above and beyond.
Incredible level of customer care.

Back