NGD: PRS P22 Artist Package Quilt Aqua Verde Fog

HighGain510

Just one more...
I had seen this one before when searching for P22's and since this is a 2012 model it has the older P22 pickups (which I've heard from multiple sources are uncovered 53/10's) that sound just incredible! MF was running a sale on some of the 2012 models they still had in stock so I HAD to jump on it! The top is awesome, seems to change depending on the angle and the colors in the aqua verde fog range from Eriza Verde to Emerald Green to Teal Black to Whale Blue, it's a pretty wild fade! Only negative for me with this beauty is that of course with my luck, it appears the temperature and humidity at the MF warehouse must have varied quite a bit over the last year and a half as it looks like the ebony contracted (maybe a few times) which caused the fret ends to poke at the clearcoat and leave those lovely little bubbles at the end of a bunch of the frets. As always, when contacted the good folks @ PRS said they'll take care of it so I'll be without her for a little while so they can fix her up good as new, but I know they'll return her looking fantastic and considering how amazing this one sounds it will be worth the wait!

I'm sure you didn't come here to listen to me blather on about how awesome it sounds and plays, so on to some pictures:

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_3_zps68b1244f.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_4_zpsfe8c8518.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_5_zps93056b7f.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_8_zpsc39a2fca.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_9_zpsf74488eb.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_12_zpsa4db9b22.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_13_zpsffd6d84b.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_14_zpsbff10bf0.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_24_zpscbf23566.jpg

PRS_P22_AP_AVF_Outdoor_26_zps96d988ce.jpg

(few more pics in the post below due to the image count requirement on here)

Quite a killer package, PRS has been on fire as of late! This is the 3rd P22 that I've owned (still have one other) and all three have had the 53/10 pickups and I have to say, if you can still grab a 2012 P22 with the older pickups in there definitely pick it up, they sound FANTASTIC! This one seems to have a little less treble than my other P22 (which on that one, the position one down from the neck pickup sounds almost like piezo with more bass and less presence) but in just about every position it sounds absolutely killer!

It also seems in the past few years that PRS has been churning out a ridiculous amount of awesome pickups, from the 57/08's to the Narrowfields to the P22 / 53/10 set etc., I'm seriously impressed with how good so many of their own wound-in-house, stock pickups sound in their guitars when a common complaint from many folks years ago was that they loved the guitars but always felt the need to swap the pickups. As of late, it seems pretty much every new PRS I've picked up sounds great with the stock pickups and I have zero intention to swap a thing on any of them! Kudos to the good folks at PRS, they're at the top of their game, IMO!

I usually don't care for the PRS guitars with really fancy tops, but that one is very cool. Enjoy.

Congrats! I really love where the green fades into the blue. Very nice.

There's nothing about that that isn't Private Stock grade other than the price tag. Congrats.

It's like a swamp and an ocean met in the middle. I'd tune it to Bb and play some Morbid Angel on it! :evil:

Back