NGD, JOINED CLUB, INCOMING, I’M BACK, ETC.

Having now played this for about 45 minutes, the pattern vintage is my new favorite PRS neck profile. (I probably should give this a few days, but my initial response is "hell yes.")

Nice, dude! Congrats!

Having now played this for about 45 minutes, the pattern vintage is my new favorite PRS neck profile. (I probably should give this a few days, but my initial response is "hell yes.")

Aw yeah! I smell more!

Yah, took me a couple weeks to get used to that neck on my 594, but now I love that baseball bat!

Honestly, I’m surprised it took this long for you to try one.
Congrats on the NGD!
It’s my favorite too

Welcome to the club! Figured that would be the case :)

Shhhhhhh.... Don't say that... My blue guitar ain't here yet... LoL!

Don't give it any ideas! o_O:eek::confused::D

You'll want to plan ahead.

You see, blue dye is made from water, that's how they get the color. Water has wetness in it, and the best wood for tone has all its water dried from it, therefore you need to get all the wetness outta your guitar for it to perform to its ultimate potential.

It's pretty solid cartoon science.

Pattern Vintage is now my favorite, too. Feels so freakin’ great. That’s why soon I’ll have 3 594s. I love them!

Reactions: Tag

You see, blue dye is made from water, that's how they get the color. Water has wetness in it, and the best wood for tone has all its water dried from it, therefore you need to get all the wetness outta your guitar for it to perform to its ultimate potential.

I love the cartoon science, and actually you’re partly right!

For centuries in the Mediterranean, blue-ish and purple dyes were made from certain shellfish and marine snails.

Blue dyes were made from plants, also, and in Egypt, from lapis lazuli all crushed up, but the lapis dyes weren’t as transparent when used as stains.

The thing about ancient and medieval blue dyed material is that it was very, very expensive to make, compared to other colors. This is why blue and purple were reserved for royalty, and why you don’t see a lot of blue in old paintings - the paint color was expensive!

These organically based colors are still why blues and purples fade more than some other colors; they’re very photosensitive.

I learned all this stuff from my brother, the artist.

Now here’s some cartoon logic for ya, Serg: If you have a blue guitar, it’s closer to royalty than any other color, at least historically. Therefore it has more class.

You’re clearly missin’ out, historically speaking. ;)

I'll make sure and throw it on the ironing board and iron all that moisture out....

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa...

Back