NGD......DW on the Loose!

Sweet. It'll look great if you polish it out to semi-gloss. The neck and arm areas will wear that way, anyhow.

That's what I plan to do, because with the satin finish you cannot see the detail unless light is shining directly on it. When I took a pic without the flash the top looked lifeless and dull, with flash it came to life so to speak, so it needs a shine to really bring that top out.

Oh about the guitar itself, the neck feels a little less wide that my other Floyd PRS. The pickups were better than I thought they would be. I compared them to the metal pickups and while not as articulate on the top end, seemed to have a good definition with not quite as much output as the metal pickups. I like the metal bridge a little better, but I prefer the Dimarzio neck. The neck pickup has a nice honk to it, that the metal neck lacks. Oh and also it really does have glow in the dark side dots. I know it's a gimmick, but it just goes to show the attention to detail that went into these guitars. More info later.......

Oh about the guitar itself, the neck feels a little less wide that my other Floyd PRS. The pickups were better than I thought they would be. I compared them to the metal pickups and while not as articulate on the top end, seemed to have a good definition with not quite as much output as the metal pickups. I like the metal bridge a little better, but I prefer the Dimarzio neck. The neck pickup has a nice honk to it, that the metal neck lacks. Oh and also it really does have glow in the dark side dots. I know it's a gimmick, but it just goes to show the attention to detail that went into these guitars. More info later.......

Regarding the bold:

Oh no, it is no gimmick. There are many times I wished for glow-in-the-dark side dots.

Regarding the bold:

Oh no, it is no gimmick. There are many times I wished for glow-in-the-dark side dots.
Didn't realize they had that! Great idea for when the stage is blacked out. I might have to steal that.

I glossed it up. It makes the flames stand out so much more.

DW%20Gloss_resized.jpg

I used a range of stew mac polishes and did it all by hand. It took several hours and it's not perfect but I think it came out rather well. My opinion is that satin is great for opaque colors especially black, but it doesn't do justice to these clear finishes and the tops underneath those finishes.

Although satin is nice (especially for necks), I feel a figured maple top looks best glossy. Good job my man!

Back