NGD! DW CE24 HT Ltd. incoming

I hate to have anyone’s local shop close! Mkv25 in white tolex? Outstanding. I’m gonna admit it - I don’t know what “DW” stands for, but that is a gorgeous guitar. I’d love a pic of the little white Mesa. Congratulations on the haul, and I’m sorry about your local shop.

Sure. Here ya go...

5CySRQI.jpg

You know, I have to admit, I was stunned by how small an amp this is. Between 1988 and 2020, I'm pretty sure I owned, at one point or another, every dual EL84 Mesa amp ever mass produced - including the Studio .22, the .22+, the Subway Blues, Subway Rocket Reverb, the F-30, the Express 5:25, the 5:25+, the TA-15 and the Mini Rec 25 - and this is far smaller than any of the small combos that preceded it. Beautiful little amp though; gonna have fun breaking in the Creamback...

Sure. Here ya go...

5CySRQI.jpg

You know, I have to admit, I was stunned by how small an amp this is. Between 1988 and 2020, I'm pretty sure I owned, at one point or another, every dual EL84 Mesa amp ever mass produced - including the Studio .22, the .22+, the Subway Blues, Subway Rocket Reverb, the F-30, the Express 5:25, the 5:25+, the TA-15 and the Mini Rec 25 - and this is far smaller than any of the small combos that preceded it. Beautiful little amp though; gonna have fun breaking in the Creamback...

And I’m spent! Omagaaaad!!

Nice score! I recently bought a couple of these (the Floyd version), one in Amber Smokeburst and one in Waringburst. The Waring is nice, but the Amber is a site to behold, for sure. Coming from a LP and Fender background, it’s taking me a bit to get over the fact that they’re so thin in terms of body thickness in comparison to what else I got, but they’re also super comfortable to hold and easy to play. :)

I’m looking forward to your upcoming pics with the lampshades installed. I want to ditch these huge knobs and I’m considering either ‘shades or a more reasonable and conventional black dome metal knob.

Last edited:
Sure. Here ya go...

5CySRQI.jpg

Oh that looks outstanding in white! Mine’s plane Jane black Taurus. A tube amp that carries around like solid state and sounds like a mini monster if needed.

Nice score! I recently bought a couple of these (the Floyd version), one in Amber Smokeburst and one in Waringburst. The Waring is nice, but the Amber is a site to behold, for sure. Coming from a LP and Fender background, it’s taking me a bit to get over the fact that they’re so thin in terms of body thickness in comparison to what else I got, but they’re also super comfortable to hold and easy to play. :)

I’m looking forward to your upcoming pics with the lampshades installed. I want to ditch these huge knobs and I’m considering either ‘shades or a more reasonable and conventional black dome metal knob.

Hate to disappoint but I was unable to install the Amber lampshades I bought for this guitar. I got the knobs from John Mann's Guitar Vault a while back but when I finally got around to installing them I was surprised to find that the pots on my DW Hardtail are solid, smooth shaft type, so there's no way I can install the lampshades without replacing the pots... I've been trying to find something else that might suit, but so far haven't come up with anything...

Hate to disappoint but I was unable to install the Amber lampshades I bought for this guitar. I got the knobs from John Mann's Guitar Vault a while back but when I finally got around to installing them I was surprised to find that the pots on my DW Hardtail are solid, smooth shaft type, so there's no way I can install the lampshades without replacing the pots... I've been trying to find something else that might suit, but so far haven't come up with anything...

Oh, that’s a bummer. Do you know what size the shaft is? I’m thinking I may end up going to a black dome knob instead.

Back