NGD - 594SC McCarty Burst...

billyjk

Got this earlier this week...

T4wVAFL.jpg

I wanted something with a vintage LP vibe, and this guitar is that and more.

In fact, in over 50 years of owning way too many guitars, this is the best built guitar I've owned. It is also the easiest to play and it sounds killer. It's a "subtle" 10-top, Wood Library, Brazilian Rosewood board, with exactly the burst I was hoping to find. Thanks to Moore Guitars and Rob for an easy, straightforward and fair transaction.

This is my first PRS, but not my last.

Thanks guys!

I put new strings on it today, adjusted the action a touch and intonated it. This guitar can be *precisely* intonated. Amazing!

One other thing, even though this 594SC is a very different guitar from my '59 Historic 335 RI, I find that the 58/15LT pickups to be surprisingly similar to the killer MHS pickups in my 335. To me, both sets of pickups are authentically vintage, but a touch more dynamic than the vintage pups I've owned. I really love that.

Love it man. One of my favorite bursts and I love the top!!

...in over 50 years of owning way too many guitars, this is the best built guitar I've owned. It is also the easiest to play and it sounds killer.
I said exactly the same thing in 2001. Probably most people on these boards have said it, too. Welcome to the revelation support group! Here, have a fresh cup of Koolaid!

Got this earlier this week...

T4wVAFL.jpg

I wanted something with a vintage LP vibe, and this guitar is that and more.

In fact, in over 50 years of owning way too many guitars, this is the best built guitar I've owned. It is also the easiest to play and it sounds killer. It's a "subtle" 10-top, Wood Library, Brazilian Rosewood board, with exactly the burst I was hoping to find. Thanks to Moore Guitars and Rob for an easy, straightforward and fair transaction.

This is my first PRS, but not my last.
Congrats on this beauty, I'm biding my time to get me a Mcburst SC 594, this color was on my first CU22
and still is my favorite.
Enjoy it in good health.

Last edited:
It's really pretty, and has a perfect faded McCarty color. Having just procured a SC594 myself, I agree that they are simply unbelievable for tone and build quality.

Awesome guitar! I want my next PRS to be a 594, but DC, since I already have the SE Tremonti for the LP vibe.

Mmmmmm! That thing is tasty? Nice choice on a first PRS!

Back