NGD: 594 Singlecut

Phenomenal looking (my favorite SC finish), and even better that it sounds great to you.

Very nice looking music room, by the way!

Thanks everyone! I like how the McCarty style guitars pay homage to a traditional design while at the same time incorporating design improvements to improve the ergonomics, playability, responsiveness, and tone.

I saw the Howard Leese interview with Tim Pierce where Howard talks about the work that went into the 594 and compares his 594 guitars and Tim’s McCarty guitar to vintage Les Paul’s. Howard talks about how PRS changed the thickness of the wheels on the adjustable bridge and the shape of the saddles. It sounds like the PRS quest to keep tweaking and discovering ways to improve the guitars never ends. I really like that and I think I see the results of it in this guitar!

Thanks Les! The picture is my living room! I have a simple studio in my basement with monitor speakers that I also use. Lately, most of my playing time has been upstairs in the living room. I enjoy looking outside through the windows while I play. I have a pair of PXM-12MP powered monitor speakers in the living room that I use as my stereo and as FRFR speakers for the Axe-FX.

Thanks everyone! I like how the McCarty style guitars pay homage to a traditional design while at the same time incorporating design improvements to improve the ergonomics, playability, responsiveness, and tone.

I saw the Howard Leese interview with Tim Pierce where Howard talks about the work that went into the 594 and compares his 594 guitars and Tim’s McCarty guitar to vintage Les Paul’s. Howard talks about how PRS changed the thickness of the wheels on the adjustable bridge and the shape of the saddles. It sounds like the PRS quest to keep tweaking and discovering ways to improve the guitars never ends. I really like that and I think I see the results of it in this guitar!

Thanks Les! The picture is my living room! I have a simple studio in my basement with monitor speakers that I also use. Lately, most of my playing time has been upstairs in the living room. I enjoy looking outside through the windows while I play. I have a pair of PXM-12MP powered monitor speakers in the living room that I use as my stereo and as FRFR speakers for the Axe-FX.
The Tim Pierce video you mention is fantastic!

I have one of the McCarty Singlecut limited PS run from 2014; Tim Pierce also has one he’s played on his channel. Same finish as yours, only yours might even be sweeter looking than my PS.

9jbLbz1.jpg

My SC 594 is my favourite guitar, and I have a lot of guitars! It would be the last to sell if I had to for some reason! Love it!
Mine is a McCarty burst too. Love that finish! Yours is lovely 👍

Here is my SC, and another McBurst for good measure.
aURKMFg.jpeg

And my Rosewood neck McCarty…
wycHNXp.jpeg
They both look stunning! I’ve had my 594 for around a week. I can see why the 594 is your favorite. I love playing mine. How much does yours weigh?

Back