NGD - 408

Your wish is my command!

ptKq9zh.jpg
Damn. I love that guitar.

Oof that's one guitar to rule them all. What's the switching layout? I'm surprised to see no toggles. Theres so much depth in that colouring too. I saw the one fellow on here who had a similar or the same finish but his blue faded out. Do you like the narrow field?
Here's something odd: There are no toggles to go to single coils for the neck and bridge pickups. I've never switched a 408 into single coil mode in my work, except to check to see if the guitar functions properly. I like humbuckers as true humbuckers.

Not that the single coil modes aren't cool...but if I can get a fatter sound, I'm going to go for that every time.

I have a Special Semi hollow with the coil split switches (or whatever they are), and never use the switches. That's just me, I'm certifiably out of my mind. Don't be me. ;)

I believe the switching is Bridge, Bridge plus middle, Both neck and bridge (but never really found out for sure, could be middle-only), Neck plus middle, Neck. And YES, I love the narrow field, for me it's the best middle pickup I've ever used.

The reason for not knowing about the middle position is that this guitar was part of a limited run, and I never bothered to ask! I got it from the dealer, it sounded great, all was well.

I should also mention that I've had single coil middle pickups and they were fine, too, but I love the way this guitar sounds.

Here's something odd: There are no toggles to go to single coils for the neck and bridge pickups. I've never switched a 408 into single coil mode in my work, except to check to see if the guitar functions properly. I like humbuckers as true humbuckers.

Not that the single coil modes aren't cool...but if I can get a fatter sound, I'm going to go for that every time.

I have a Special Semi hollow with the coil split switches (or whatever they are), and never use the switches. That's just me, I'm certifiably out of my mind. Don't be me. ;)

I believe the switching is Bridge, Bridge plus middle, Both neck and bridge (but never really found out for sure, could be middle-only), Neck plus middle, Neck. And YES, I love the narrow field, for me it's the best middle pickup I've ever used.

The reason for not knowing about the middle position is that this guitar was part of a limited run, and I never bothered to ask! I got it from the dealer, it sounded great, all was well.

I should also mention that I've had single coil middle pickups and they were fine, too, but I love the way this guitar sounds.
Yeah! Thats such a cool offshoot limited run guitar. Some kind Cu22, Paul's Guitar, Special hybrid. Really unique. That's the top of the mountain, my friend.

Yeah! Thats such a cool offshoot limited run guitar. Some kind Cu22, Paul's Guitar, Special hybrid. Really unique. That's the top of the mountain, my friend.
It's an interesting guitar to play.

The body is McCarty thickness, but the ratio of African mahogany back to maple top is a little different, the mahogany is a bit thicker, the maple a bit thinner than most PRSes.

The fretboard is Madagascar Rosewood; that's a species I have on two other PS models. It's a bit warmer than BRW, more of what I'd call a caramel flavor. I know, food is a really poor analogy. Apologies, it's the best I can do!.

It has a 594 scale length, but the has pattern neck. The tremolo is Gen III, but with locking saddles. Stays in tune like a champion.

Overall, the tone is unique, and hard to describe because it's seemingly contradictory: It's very articulate and airy, but not overly bright But it has a warm, solid lower midrange that never gets muddy.

Positions 2 and 4 do the "quack" thing.

I've used it on quite a few ad campaigns, and it never fails to please the clients.

It's an interesting guitar to play.

The body is McCarty thickness, but the ratio of African mahogany back to maple top is a little different, the mahogany is a bit thicker, the maple a bit thinner than most PRSes.

The fretboard is Madagascar Rosewood; that's a species I have on two other PS models. It's a bit warmer than BRW, more of what I'd call a caramel flavor. I know, food is a really poor analogy. Apologies, it's the best I can do!.

It has a 594 scale length, but the has pattern neck. The tremolo is Gen III, but with locking saddles. Stays in tune like a champion.

Overall, the tone is unique, and hard to describe because it's seemingly contradictory: It's very articulate and airy, but not overly bright But it has a warm, solid lower midrange that never gets muddy.

Positions 2 and 4 do the "quack" thing.

I've used it on quite a few ad campaigns, and it never fails to please the clients.
That's interesting, I like the idea of McCarty thickness, nice to have that extra bit of girth/heft if it doesn't bother your back/shoulders doing the Steve Vai spinning/twirling thing on stage haha. The maple cap is pretty darn thick, slimming it down a little seems like a nice change up.

I did notice the color of the rosewood looked fairly light, it works to contrast the finish. That analogy works for me it's a good comparison.

Your tone description does sound fairly par for what I've read about the pickups it has, having the NF in the mix would definitely change things up further. With that scale length I get keeping it just humbuckers, I associate that length with just buckers and not thinning out the sound, just me.

That's a pretty special build, especially for a dealer to bring in on a limited run. You'd simply have to get it after reading the crazy spec sheet haha. Beautiful.

That's interesting, I like the idea of McCarty thickness, nice to have that extra bit of girth/heft if it doesn't bother your back/shoulders doing the Steve Vai spinning/twirling thing on stage haha. The maple cap is pretty darn thick, slimming it down a little seems like a nice change up.

I did notice the color of the rosewood looked fairly light, it works to contrast the finish. That analogy works for me it's a good comparison.

Your tone description does sound fairly par for what I've read about the pickups it has, having the NF in the mix would definitely change things up further. With that scale length I get keeping it just humbuckers, I associate that length with just buckers and not thinning out the sound, just me.

That's a pretty special build, especially for a dealer to bring in on a limited run. You'd simply have to get it after reading the crazy spec sheet haha. Beautiful.
I really lucked out with this one. It's a special instrument.

Back