NGD: 2023 Core McCarty 594

TubeStack

Ok, so I guess PRS fever is a thing…

Played my first PRS last month and bought it right away (‘97 CU22). Loved that guitar so much, I started wondering about the McCarty and 594s, and well, here we are… :)

Such a vibrant and responsive guitar to play, so much fun. Really sings on leads in that sweet, midrange-y, early Clapton/ZZ kind of way.

Love the 58/15 LT pickups and the neck carve and overall feel is just sublime. And I’ve always had a soft spot for gold tops… :D

Big shoutout to TheGuitarShop in Canada. Fantastic place to buy a guitar and Matt was awesome. Highly recommended!

oXzB1sU.jpeg

nuZj4Ma.jpeg

DUdvoRu.jpeg

Congrats on getting bit by the PRS bug. You are well on the way to building a great PRS collection. It is hard to beat a great gold top. Yours looks awesome. I love my 594's and hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. They are very versatile guitars and they feel so comfortable.

Ok, so I guess PRS fever is a thing…

Played my first PRS last month and bought it right away (‘97 CU22). Loved that guitar so much, I started wondering about the McCarty and 594s, and well, here we are… :)

Such a vibrant and responsive guitar to play, so much fun. Really sings on leads in that sweet, midrange-y, early Clapton/ZZ kind of way.

Love the 58/15 LT pickups and the neck carve and overall feel is just sublime. And I’ve always had a soft spot for gold tops… :D

Big shoutout to TheGuitarShop in Canada. Fantastic place to buy a guitar and Matt was awesome. Highly recommended!

oXzB1sU.jpeg

nuZj4Ma.jpeg

DUdvoRu.jpeg
Nice

Thanks, everyone!

It really is an exceptional guitar, sustains and resonates like crazy and I can’t get over how playable/easy the neck is. Riffs and runs just come out, nothing getting in the way.

I’ve raised the pickups a bit, and put some Big Bends sauce in the D and G slots of the nut (were binding/sticking a bit), but otherwise have not needed to touch a thing, setup-wise.

I, too, love the gold top front and natural wood back. Nice nod to the classics.

Back