NGD 2013 PRS 408 MT

Thanks Les.

Sergio, I have been experimenting with those little switches, and I do not get a decrease in volume at all when going to single coil
I was use to the SE Custom 24 when pulling up the tone control to put it into single coil mode it got quieter, but not with the 408.

Another thing while I am thinking of it, and others have mentioned, the USA posts turn so smooth.
No effort at all, and you really can do it with your pinky :D

I am sure this guitar is full of many surprises, and I will continue to keep getting impressed with each time I play it.
It is the only guitar I have played since picking it up Friday.

Another thing while I am thinking of it, and others have mentioned, the USA posts turn so smooth.
No effort at all, and you really can do it with your pinky :D

YUP!! my P22 is silky smooth on the controls. that along with the several flat spots on the knobs helps the finger grip too. Yes it really is just a pinky operation now. AND the fact it is right off the bridge for extremely quick adjustments.

OH BTW I modded my boys SE singlecut with USA HFS/Vintage pups and the USA drop in controls and added USA lampshade knobs so that guitar is smooth now too.

I remember reading how you upgraded his guitar, very cool.
Another thing I like is where you rest your fingers where a pickguard would normally be.
It is more cut out there instead of flat, and the fingers just feel more comfortable.
This truly is the most comfortable guitar I have ever played.

Hey Corey - tried to send you a PM, but it said your inbox was full and that you can't receive messages until space is cleared. :)

Just got done using the Virtuoso polish on the 408.
First thing I notice after putting it on before I buff it out with a dry rag is that it is slippery.
I have not tried the PRS polishes yet that I have, but I have used the Virtuoso on everyone of my guitars.

Took a few more pics after polishing it.
The pics really do not do it justice.

This guitar is so comfortable to hold, and it seems thinner than the SE Custom 24 I have.
I am amazed at the craftsmanship of this instrument.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

I've only just seen this post, being relatively new here still.

That's a fine collection you have there Corey. Puts mine to shame, but then again, I'm not a proper guitarist, just a dreamer.

The new PRS is beautiful by the way ;)

Tone/play report:

For the past few weeks all I have gotten out on the weekend to hang up on the wall and to play is my Gibson SG and of course the 408.
Yesterday when I got home from work I broke out the SE Tremonti Custom too.
Some have seen my mention before that I think all of my SEs play easier than the '61 SG Reissue as it has a long neck, and the SEs are just easier to play including the 408.

When I got my first Wide/Thin neck on the 2012 SE Custom 24, I really liked its thinness, same neck as the Tremonti, both easier to play than the SG.
After noodling around with the Tremonti yesterday after work, and then playing the 408 today for around 45 minutes, I find the 408s Pattern Thin neck the nicest out of the bunch.
It is not as thin as the SEs Wide/Thin, but it feels just right for my hands and style of playing.

My next Maryland built guitar will have the Pattern/Thin neck too.

Also used that Zoom R24 I bought awhile back, and ran a rock drum kit in the background while I played several songs.
It is a kick in the butt using that thing.
I have to sit down some time though and do some recording with it.

But anyways, I am really digging the 408.
I ran it today without any pedals straight into my Blackstar HT5-R head into an Orange 1x12 Celestion Vintage 30, and it sounded so sweet on its dirty channel with the gain about half way up, and a little reverb.
This was with the treble pickup too, my pickup of choice.

Back