NGD! 2013 CUSTOM 22 in JADE

S

slang05

First off let me say this: like all great NGD's, they are unexpected. I did not know when I woke up yesterday that Id be giggin that night with a new guitar! I won't go into details, but it was basically a trip to get strings and an offer from a dealer that I could not pass up.

Anyway, on to the goods. I've always fancied 22 fret guitars over 24 frets. I never use frets 23 and 24. I cant get my digits into such small places (that's what she said). I also hate small necks, so the fact that this one is a Pattern Thin neck, and I love it, really behooves me. I love the way it plays (for those of you keeping track at home I have used the words "fancied" and "behooves" in that paragraph!)

Heres the MODCAT breakdown...

Model: Custom 22/24
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern Thin (Wide/Thin)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian RW
Inlay: 2013 Birds
Bridge: Tremolo or 2-Piece Bridge
Color: Jade
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: HFS Treble
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: Vintage Bass
Electronics: Could not find Electronics 'undefined'

I will say I am disappointed that the 57/08's are not in this guitar. Love those pickups BUT the HFS and Vintage Bass sound great. I was really loving my tone during last nights gig. I was expecting to have to start tweaking my amp during soundcheck (the 1st time I introduced mr guitar and mr amp to each other) but my amp and this guitar gelled instantly. I think I only had to roll back the presence just a hair.

OK..Onto the pics (sorry for a bit of blurryness)

15189583758_1640200a2f_c.jpg

15189587418_4c8e31e0fb_c.jpg

15189441549_7a0631900c_c.jpg

15189494660_a704953238_c.jpg

Congrats - love this color and top! Glad she sounded good on the gig - what amp did you pair it with?

Congrats - love this color and top! Glad she sounded good on the gig - what amp did you pair it with?

OK, you'll love this. I have a modded Line 6 Bogner MK 2x12. I am not a big fan of edal stomping line, I like presets and ease of setup/tear down. I have it dialed up perfectly. So yes, I have $7000 in guitars and $500 in am amp.. LOL

The flame between the pickups is so solid and beautiful. Love at first sight?

Kinda. The guitar had been hanging there for a year (hence the good deal) and loved it the first time I saw it.

Back