NGD 2012 P22 Rosie Orange Tiger, and pup question...

Beautiful guitar! Color looks similar to tortoise shell, one of my favorite finishes.

That gets me every time, Dave. *drool* The gold hardware is perfect with that color and top. And the neck...crap, more drooling! :biggrin:

I would start with pulling the pickups. If labeled "P22" then look at the electrical specs and draw a logical conclusion. And yes, it would drive me nuts, too.

Thanks Kerry,
The more I look at it and play it, the more I love it! I just put a new set of NYXL 10-46 on for practice last night and the gig this weekend. Perhaps I'll pull the pup on Sunday. Don't want to mess with it until after the gig. Also been suggested that I measure the pups as well.
Oh... and I think you know that I don't need any help being nuts... Lol!

So I got a little curious.
Took off the back plate and I see both pup cables have a ground, black, red, and a white wire. That being said, the 2015 schematic pdf shows a white wire as well http://prsguitars.com/csc/schematics/2015/p22_p24.pdf
No way I'm unsoldering pups yet but I measured with pups in.
I used an analog multimeter (sorry). Put new batteries in it and calibrated by eye.
I used a 2 foot cable from my wireless pack. I set the volume knob cranked to the top. Then I measured with the 5 way blade at the top and bottom.
Treble - 7.1 approx.
Bass - 6.9 approx.
Of course I'm doing this with an old meter with even older eyes. Dollars to donuts not having the volume pot in the mix would show higher results.
Anybody able to compare a P22 measurement whilst wired?

Back