NF3 Alert!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
So what was the reason for no S/N? Photoshop or?
Contacted the seller. He doesn’t know why the guitar has no serial number on it, but has his receipt from Guitar Center, where it was purchased, which he is sending with the guitar. Possibly being “cleaned” at GC might explain that… it may have been a black guitar to start with. :p

If it is in the condition the photos show, it’s not been played much. Time will tell, and I’ll throw a NGD post up once it arrives. Thanks @EdSevered for the notice of the new price. I’d been watching it, but the price was a little steep. Once lowered, I figured it was now or never.

Contacted the seller. He doesn’t know why the guitar has no serial number on it, but has his receipt from Guitar Center, where it was purchased, which he is sending with the guitar. Possibly being “cleaned” at GC might explain that… it may have been a black guitar to start with. :p

If it is in the condition the photos show, it’s not been played much. Time will tell, and I’ll throw a NGD post up once it arrives. Thanks @EdSevered for the notice of the new price. I’d been watching it, but the price was a little steep. Once lowered, I figured it was now or never.

You're very welcome @RickP! One reason I own so many PRSi is because of this unruly gang of enablers, I'm just glad to return the favor. :D

Now I am wondering if my black NF3 looks like that underneath the paint. UGH!

fD5vMtG.jpeg
All is well… he’s owned it since 2012. Hang tag matches receipt. Just waiting the wait now.

I didn’t know what an NF3 was until reading this thread. I recently got a Studio and like the narrowfield pickups a lot. I bet I would like the NF3. I hope to get to play one in the future.
They’re out there, although the Covid-price craze still makes finding one at a reasonable price these days a challenge. It took a year, but I found a second one (I like to have two of any guitar I’m gigging). If you look around, one will pop up that you like.

It’s a really versatile instrument, and the size is right in the heart of comfortable… basically a Stratocaster-sized guitar with more range. I tried them when they first came out. I liked them, but moved back to my 513s. When I finally picked one up again, I couldn’t help but think “why did I sell this?” Glad to have it back in the guitarsenal.

During the time period when these were made, all the maple necked guitars had fading serial numbers. I have 3 with indistinguishable numbers, and all with hand tags.
Definitely true, and you can just barely read the serial number on my very-well-cared-for rosewood board NF3. No idea what they used for a marker to put that on there, but it’s not the paint-like material the gold numbers use.

Another one … you’d think they grow on trees … still not affiliated.

@EdSevered the SAS in your profile pic is very nice!

This thread was started by a "deleted member 5962." Weird screen name. Probably an introvert.
Wow, that was over a year ago. Time flies. I ended up getting the guitar from the OP and it still gets lots of playing time. I owe a debt of gratitude to Mr. 5962, wherever you he may be.

Back