NF3 Alert!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

I hear a lot of chatter here about people looking for an NF3. One just popped up in my local shop. If you see a red one on Reverb in Cincinnati, at third rock music that is local to me and I know them.

Just wanted to give a heads up because several people have mentioned being interested in finding one of these

The Fiore has a more mid focused sound. The Silver Sky is very scooped. The neck on the Fiore is magic. I must have hands the same size as Mark? lol. The switching options are icing on the cake. I can get any tone I need for my music except acoustic or Hollowbody tones, but I have a Hollowbody se for that.

The Fiore has a more mid focused sound. The Silver Sky is very scooped. The neck on the Fiore is magic. I must have hands the same size as Mark? lol. The switching options are icing on the cake. I can get any tone I need for my music except acoustic or Hollowbody tones, but I have a Hollowbody se for that.
My desire would be, plays and feels like my NF3 or other PRS guitars... sounds like a strat. Going mainly for Hendrix and Trower tones and things like that. If it offers "more" than that, icing on the cake. It should, with the humbucker and switching options. But I still love the way the NF3 plays and feels over the Silver Sky.

I'd like to hear more about the Fiore. I'm almost to the point of starting a thread for people who have both that and a Silver Sky, to get opinions... I may be interested in trading my Silver Sky for a Fiore.

We did a few gigs back in the summer and one of the bands before us had a fiore. First time I heard one live and it sounded incredible through whatever Suhr amp (probably a Bella?) dude had.

I saw that red one. Pretty guitar! I am looking for an eventual second one (old habits die hard… I’ve always had two of whatever I was gigging with). But I’m hoping to get away from that $2k mark for my backup. That’s a shade above what I paid for the white one in mint condition.

I have to admit I was tempted, though, and am watching it. If it comes down, it might just turn the key to my wallet. I need another guitar like I need the proverbial “hole in my head,” but there is always that one more…

I saw that red one. Pretty guitar! I am looking for an eventual second one (old habits die hard… I’ve always had two of whatever I was gigging with). But I’m hoping to get away from that $2k mark for my backup. That’s a shade above what I paid for the white one in mint condition.

I have to admit I was tempted, though, and am watching it. If it comes down, it might just turn the key to my wallet. I need another guitar like I need the proverbial “hole in my head,” but there is always that one more…
If you decide you want it, let me know. I can make a phone call and see if that reduces the price any.

We did a few gigs back in the summer and one of the bands before us had a fiore. First time I heard one live and it sounded incredible through whatever Suhr amp (probably a Bella?) dude had.
What sort of tones was he using it for?

I could have posted this exact same thing. Everything's nice but the price.

My desire would be, plays and feels like my NF3 or other PRS guitars... sounds like a strat. Going mainly for Hendrix and Trower tones and things like that. If it offers "more" than that, icing on the cake. It should, with the humbucker and switching options. But I still love the way the NF3 plays and feels over the Silver Sky.

I can't compare the Fiore with a Silver Sky, but I can compare it with the NF3. I had a Fiore for a few months and there is a lot to like about it. The neck feels super smooth like the NF3 but the shape is very different. It has much bigger shoulders than the NF3, so much so that it was a big reason I didn't play it more. Not sure if the neck is wider or it was just the shape, but it didn't work for "thumb over" for my hands at all. The body is noticeably thicker and less comfy than the NF3 for me as well. The longer scale was noticeable.

The sounds were really nice, though. The single coils were brighter and less fat than what you get from the NF3 with the volume rolled down. I mean, they sounded like single coils, whereas the NF3 can get you close enough for rock and roll, but not quite there. The bridge humbucker was just solid. Like someone above said, mid-focused. Great for rock stuff.

The Fiore and NF3 are two very different guitars and it wouldn't be accurate to say one is any better than the other.

I'd like to hear more about the Fiore. I'm almost to the point of starting a thread for people who have both that and a Silver Sky, to get opinions... I may be interested in trading my Silver Sky for a Fiore.
I have both a core SS and Fiore and I absolutely love them both. I would prefer the neck on the Fiore but perhaps the slightly more "sparkle" of the pickups of the SS, if I were going for that sound at that moment. BUT, given that, the Fiore can get REAL close and if someone told me I could only keep one (would never happen, but for argument's sake), I would have to say the Fiore would stay.

Another NF3 on The ‘verb. A little less than the others.

Not affiliated, just following the spirit of the thread:

Another NF3 on The ‘verb. A little less than the others.

Not affiliated, just following the spirit of the thread:
Yo.. that’s dope.

I have both a Silver Sky ( x2 ) and a Fiore.
Short Story SS is more Vintage F guitar only better.
Fiore is closer to a pure PRS ( like 305, DC3 , NF3 ) and its more of a blank canvas for one to make there own sound on also I feel it sounds best when played with a bit of agression.
I changed the Nut ( to a stock Pattern Regular nut ) and the tuners to Place 3s. I believe the original owner messed with the nut slots and I could not get it to play in tune. I put the phase 3s on because I like the feel better but likely didn't "NEED" to.

Back