NF3 Alert!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
The guitar arrived yesterday and I set it up today. It is a keeper. Under 7.5 lbs and in great shape. I love it. I'll likely play it at my gig next weekend. Can't wait.

True forum enabling, beautiful.

I hope to be able to pay it forward. Next time I see an NF3 listed, especially if it's at a good price, I'll share the info here.

The guitar arrived yesterday and I set it up today. It is a keeper. Under 7.5 lbs and in great shape. I love it. I'll likely play it at my gig next weekend. Can't wait.

I hope to be able to pay it forward. Next time I see an NF3 listed, especially if it's at a good price, I'll share the info here.
Congrats on a great score! I want diversity before duplicates, or I would have bought it myself. The NF3 is certainly great enough to warrant having two of.

There's a cherry condition NF3 in sunburst at my local Music-Go-Round for $2100 if anyone's tempted. I'm hoping someone buys it before my will power to resist fades.

PRS NF3 at Music-Go-round

Still there. The price is a bit steep, but it’s in great shape. 10-15% off and it’d be gone!

I just had an NF3 dropped in my lap yesterday. Good price, and just a shade over 7 Lbs, at 7 lbs, 1 oz. It was bought new, and hardly ever played! I had one in 2013, but I wound up moving it due to it weighing 8 1/2 lbs, and sounding dead. This new one, ( in cherry ) is so light and resonate, I know it’s gonna be a keeper. I will be setting it up tonight and hopefully putting up pics over the weekend...along with the 10 top 594 semi hollow,I picked up last week, I am a very happy camper! I had been looking for an NF3 for the last year, but refused to go over 2k for one. Lo and behold, a local guy I know told me about it, and a phone call later I was driving a half hour away to pick it up…the rest is history!

I just had an NF3 dropped in my lap yesterday. Good price, and just a shade over 7 Lbs, at 7 lbs, 1 oz. It was bought new, and hardly ever played! I had one in 2013, but I wound up moving it due to it weighing 8 1/2 lbs, and sounding dead. This new one, ( in cherry ) is so light and resonate, I know it’s gonna be a keeper. I will be setting it up tonight and hopefully putting up pics over the weekend...along with the 10 top 594 semi hollow,I picked up last week, I am a very happy camper! I had been looking for an NF3 for the last year, but refused to go over 2k for one. Lo and behold, a local guy I know told me about it, and a phone call later I was driving a half hour away to pick it up…the rest is history!
Lucky man!

My desire would be, plays and feels like my NF3 or other PRS guitars... sounds like a strat. Going mainly for Hendrix and Trower tones and things like that. If it offers "more" than that, icing on the cake. It should, with the humbucker and switching options. But I still love the way the NF3 plays and feels over the Silver Sky.
A big part of the classic Strat sound is the plastic pick guard-mounted single coils, so "sounds like a Strat" is a relative thing.

I think the Fiore sounds great. It's a very cool sounding instrument. Fantastic for all the stuff it does well.

Here's Trower. Sounds like a Strat.

Here's Fiore. Close in some ways but fundamentally different. The note attack comes on with more immediacy. In some ways it reminds me of a Telecaster.

Totally off your point, but the studio version of that song just grooves…
Truly.

Incidentally, I don't think it's at all necessary, or even desirable, for me to use the exact guitar artists use to do a version of one of their songs. I'm not much of a tone chaser. It's gonna sound different no matter what, so might as well go for my own tone.

But that's not a prescription for anyone else, I only apply it to myself.

On the other hand, I do 'get' that lots of other players might love a sound so much that they want to emulate it exactly. Nothing wrong with doing that if it floats your boat!

I love a Strat in the right hands, on the neck pickup. I've got some friends who sound great on them, I hire Strat players for sessions, etc. Nothing else replicates those particular resonances. But the right hands have never been my hands! Well, so far.

Man, are the sharks ever in the water… out for blood. It’s just gone stupid now…

Maybe I should list mine for about $20,000. I did, after all, add strap locks.

Man, are the sharks ever in the water… out for blood. It’s just gone stupid now…

Oh for cryin' out loud...

Look at the shipping cost...

Holy crap! Well, I feel partially responsible… I mean, I’ve been shouting it from the rooftops here at at TGP for years now. It’s is nuts…. “Rare” is usually a trigger word for me on eBay, reverb, etc. :rolleyes:

Back