NF3 Alert!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Now, maybe if he threw in a Bad Monkey pedal…. o_O
LOL!!! Boy, ole JHS pedal guy is quite the character, isn’t he? I have really grown to like home over the last few months. The way he handles trolls, the way he trolls them back. He’s one of those guys who just gets it. People mess with you? Just mess back but be funny while doing it. I like the guy. He’s having a ball with the Bad Monkey thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, are the sharks ever in the water… out for blood. It’s just gone stupid now…

Maybe I should list mine for about $20,000. I did, after all, add strap locks.
What the actual what!!!

Another one … you’d think they grow on trees … still not affiliated.

Man, I missed this one. I think I was distracted by the obscenely priced Seafoam Green posted just below it. Looks sweet!

There's one just listed on The Gear Page. No affiliation with the seller, and I know the asking price is on the higher side, but I chatted with the guy and he seems real nice and is open to reasonable offers and possibly trades.

[EDIT: Just noticed he lowered the price to $2100]

Last edited:
There's one just listed on The Gear Page. No affiliation with the seller, and I know the asking price is on the higher side, but I chatted with the guy and he seems real nice and is open to reasonable offers and possibly trades.

Did NF3s even cost that much new?

If I recall correctly, I think they sold for about $1700 at Guitar Center when they were new. I know back in the day, when they were still making them, you could buy them used for right around $1K.
I don't ever remember 1K hell I bought a husk without any electronics for 1K

Did NF3s even cost that much new?
No, they did not. I’m still on the lookout, but haven’t seen a reasonably priced one in a while now. It’s almost depressing what people think guitars are worth now. They ain’t selling at those prices. The red one might, but only due to comparison with the crazy prices on the others. This is the second time they’ve posted that red one for sale, so not sure why it was pulled down for a while.

They were selling regularly at $1000 to $1200… I sold two like an idiot back then. One I recall that sold on Reverb (I missed it) for well under $1k, $750 if I recall. When a few prominent players started using them after they went out of production, boom. Bad Monkey effect.

I’ve missed on two in mint shape at $1600 to 1700 in the last year, and have been checking daily to avoid that happening again. Unfortunately, lunatic pricing has taken hold. I’ve no problem if someone else wants to dump that sort of change on one, but I’m not interested in those prices at all. I paid nearly $2k on the mint white one, and thought I was overspending… but it was a great guitar and I really wanted it. That set the max for mint bar for me, anything short of that needs to be devalued accordingly.

No, they did not. I’m still on the lookout, but haven’t seen a reasonably priced one in a while now. It’s almost depressing what people think guitars are worth now. They ain’t selling at those prices. The red one might, but only due to comparison with the crazy prices on the others. This is the second time they’ve posted that red one for sale, so not sure why it was pulled down for a while.

They were selling regularly at $1000 to $1200… I sold two like an idiot back then. One I recall that sold on Reverb (I missed it) for well under $1k, $750 if I recall. When a few prominent players started using them after they went out of production, boom. Bad Monkey effect.

I’ve missed on two in mint shape at $1600 to 1700 in the last year, and have been checking daily to avoid that happening again. Unfortunately, lunatic pricing has taken hold. I’ve no problem if someone else wants to dump that sort of change on one, but I’m not interested in those prices at all. I paid nearly $2k on the mint white one, and thought I was overspending… but it was a great guitar and I really wanted it. That set the max for mint bar for me, anything short of that needs to be devalued accordingly.
What other prominent players are playing these besides Jimmy Herring? I saw way back when JM was rocking one before the SS but haven’t seen it since.

What other prominent players are playing these besides Jimmy Herring? I saw way back when JM was rocking one before the SS but haven’t seen it since.
That’s really about it. Seems whenever Jimmy is pictured with one, JM is mentioned, and it’s obvious both of these guys sounded terrible before the NF3. :rolleyes:

Unobtanium. Once it’s added to anything, end of reason.

That’s really about it. Seems whenever Jimmy is pictured with one, JM is mentioned, and it’s obvious both of these guys sounded terrible before the NF3. :rolleyes:

Unobtanium. Once it’s added to anything, end of reason.
Hippies have bottomless pockets.

Or… I dunno.. whatever they carry their money in. Pajama bottoms don’t really have pockets.

Hippies have bottomless pockets.

Or… I dunno.. whatever they carry their money in. Pajama bottoms don’t really have pockets.
I guess. I mean, I have the money. But I’m not into paying for someone else’s misguided idea of “rare.” The only thing I’ve found as rare with them is one with a good price. Lol
The NF3 in sea foam green is UBER HOT.
I’ve missed TWO at $1750 or less. One NOS at $1650. Infuriating. They are sweet!

The NF3 in sea foam green is UBER HOT.

Seafoam is the best! I "overpaid" for mine 10 years ago. I'd kill to buy another at that price now.

I guess. I mean, I have the money. But I’m not into paying for someone else’s misguided idea of “rare.” The only thing I’ve found as rare with them is one with a good price. Lol

Word. What's weird is that the natural one that's been on Reverb for months was initially overpriced and has steadily increased. I guess with each passing day it gets more rarer?

Word. What's weird is that the natural one that's been on Reverb for months was initially overpriced and has steadily increased. I guess with each passing day it gets more rarer?
I know, right? I laughed out loud (really, not the internet version) when I saw that! As if the only thing ballsier to do when your item hasn’t sold in months and months is to raise the price above what no one already wanted to pay! And then do it again! And again!

I think he may be trying the “raise the price and accept a lower offer at what I really wanted” tactic. A bad bluff when you’ve shown your hand at the table already. I’m waiting until he gets to $5000 to offer him $1500.

I’m just going to sit on the cash and wait. Sooner or later a sane person is going to list one at a price matching the value. I’m willing it to happen!

Back