New unintended amp day (Archon Combo Mk 1)

BigBaldIan

So was casting my eye around for a new amp, had to be a compact high gain monster. The Archon I thought was out of my budget until I found a used Mk 1 combo that had been heavily discounted from an already great price (cheaper than a 5150 iconic combo with free delivery). Cosmetically a bit tatty so I set about redoing the grill, first attempt was going well until I used a hot glue gun and things went badly wrong. So stripped it all off and started again this time using wiring loom tape.

Next stage is a Torpedo Captor X as even on 25W this is one loud bugger! :D

Last edited:
So was casting my eye around for a new amp, had to be a compact high gain monster. The Archon I thought was out of my budget until I found a used Mk 1 combo that had been heavily discounted from an already great price (cheaper than a 5150 iconic combo with free delivery). Cosmetically a bit tatty so I set about redoing the grill, first attempt was going well until I used a hot glue gun and things went badly wrong. So stripped it all off and started again this time using wiring loom tape.

Next stage is a Torpedo Captor X as even on 25W this is one loud bugger! :D
Hi BigBaldIan,

Amazing news! Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions on Captor X!

Back