new tone territory

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I picked up a marshall power brake and plugged it in last night. 120 watt peavey 5150, master 9, gain 3. Good night Irene!!!! Althought I like the tone so far, it does pose new challenges. For instance, what about my CLEAN channel or lack thereof. Going to have to play with that.

Since I run g-major through effects loop there will need to be changes there too, seems like the gate needs the most tweaking. Tweaking the input and output levels should have taken care of that but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, we gig sat night and I'm going to use it so I guess I will see what happens.

One thing I noticed is it brings out the differences between my guitars more and the second thing is when I roll vol pot back a bit it has that on the edge of breakup feel. I like that.

Wanna start a bet as to how long my amp will run this way?

Cool! Being able to find the amp's sweet spot, then control the overall output is a great thing. Let me know how the gig goes.

I must say that I really like the marshall powerbrake. It has changed the way I approach almost every song on our setlist. What I mean by that is the overdrive tone is so "what i have been looking for" that it inspires new creative juices. Not only does it sound good, it also feels good. Kind of hard to explain but it has everything to do with breakup.

This guy by the name of Mike Ritchie is a bass player and does pro sound for a living. I know who he is but we never met prior to tonight. He had this to say," I have listened to guys play 5150s and they sound ok but yours is the best sounding 5150 period". The stage was dark so he didn't notice the brake sitting on top of my head, he just knew I was doing something different.

Something else of interest, I was comparing mics friday night while I had rig setup downstairs. I was trying a group of mics I own placed in the same position running into tascam 2488. I don't care for the sennhieser 609 with my amp set up this way. That's odd as the 609 was my fav guitar cab mic. The AT-3035 ended up reproducing my guitar exactly the way I hear it and for kicks I set it up at our show tonight just to see if it sounded good live. Results were very good.

I'm convinced for now that my amp sounds a lot better so in turn, I played better. Something about when your rig sounds good you can do no wrong!!!!!!!!

Oh well, Time for bed forum brothers and sisters.

Back