New to me 2001 PRS Tremonti ! Almost mint

Lheadri2

One of my favorite all time guitars is the first generation of core Tremontis. My main axe for a long time was a 2002 Tremonti . I swapped the pick up rings back in 2002 with a prs standard 22 platinum that had black rings. And I put the Tremonti cream rings on the platinum. I played the Tremonti hard and beat it up pretty good. I always said If i found another one in great condition and at a reasonable price I wanted it get it. My friend spotted this one in guitar centers used section and it was listed as “fair” but it’s in almost mint condition. It was 2300. Which is a fair deal this day and age . This one has older style tuners. Not sure if I’ll keep them. But now I have two first gen Tremontis! The reason for this post is the weight! I was taken back when I first picked up the guitar ! It’s super heavy. Right at 11.5 pounds vs the 2002 which is 9.1 lbs. I take it they didn’t weight relieve the singlcuts until 2002? 11.5 pounds is super heavy! . Much heavier than any les Paul I’ve had or played ! The black rings one is the 2002 and the cream rings is the 2001.

I own a 2008 SE Tremonti and that’s “aggressive”, can only imagine the Core, great scoop and congrats!

Neato. And all I can add is I once bought a Swamp Ash special when they were first introduced. It was a used guitar listed for sale in an issue if Vintage Guitar magazine, theough one of the dealer’s ads, and it was noted as a 1-off prototype in a color I can only describe as butter yellow.

I mention it because it was unexpectedly heavy. A typical SAS was roughly 7.5 lbs. This guitar was over 11lbs. No exaggeration.

It happens.

Neato. And all I can add is I once bought a Swamp Ash special when they were first introduced. It was a used guitar listed for sale in an issue if Vintage Guitar magazine, theough one of the dealer’s ads, and it was noted as a 1-off prototype in a color I can only describe as butter yellow.

I mention it because it was unexpectedly heavy. A typical SAS was roughly 7.5 lbs. This guitar was over 11lbs. No exaggeration.

It happens.
I believe it ! Esp after weighing this one . Was researching this topic today and from what I found , the Tremontis and sc250's have no weight relief . So it just must be heavier wood vs lighter wood ?

Back