new to forum. Thanks for having me. :)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the nice welcome.
Yeah, that trio has no reasons to be overly "modest" but "humility" is another thing and is often found in high places. Those are truly great guitars.

Last edited:
No need to be amazed. That’s yours. Nice!

Headstock figure matches as well. :) The picture shows how obeche (back wood) is actually a very pale colored wood. The nicely chosen brown stain is very natural looking like befittted this guitar. I'm having a blast with this forum. This is a great place to hang out.

Almost new..., a few post already. I started off with rather silly questions and I appreciated the decency and kindness of this forum. This is truly a great community. I hope to contribute to it. My questions may be silly at times but I hope my answers to others are of good use. :)

Here is my humble(ish) collection of PRS.

okykbld.jpg

Firstly - Welcome to the forums and secondly, that's a great 3 to start and gives you quite a range of tonal options and variety.

Your collection is similar to my first 3 PRS guitars - the 594 (like your SC), Custom 24 (like your P24) and 509 (my alternative to a strat - a 'Super Strat' in essence - like your SS). My next guitar was my Hollowbody ii - partly for the Piezo (which you already have) and partly because its a Hollowbody. My 5th was my Special which is a Semi Hollow and a more modern, with much more tonal options, double humbucker with trem guitar - more modern than my 594 offers anyway. I notice none of your PRS double Humbucker guitars offer a trem bridge - not sure if you want one either but maybe something you may consider for your next??.

When you have those 3 that you do, assuming you look to expand without too much crossover - guitars that add something your others don't, it does get a bit tougher. For example, the Paul's guitar - a double 'humbucker' with individual splitting options - could be covered in my collection by my 594 (I know its different sounding) or my Special (again different sounding) but I wonder if its different enough to justify the cost in my head. I don't have P90's so that could be an option (if I liked P90's). At the moment though, I am GASsing for the 594 HB - I know my HBii has the same PU's but no splitting options (I could live without) and Piezo instead - obviously the 594 HB offers a different shorter scale length and the Pattern Vintage neck but there is a LOT of crossover but I love the PRS Hollowbody guitars and a marriage between the 594 and a HBii is a marriage made in heaven as far as I am concerned. If Winter NAMM and/or the PRS experience, which often sees a special guitar made for it, doesn't see a Guitar that offers a lot to my Tonal palette and catches my eye like the 594 HB, then the 594 HB is likely to be next in my Collection.

What do you think you will be adding next? Do you have other guitars that you think covers areas that affects your decision - like having a 335 so not really looking at adding a PRS Hollowbody (either the 594 or HBii)? Do you have guitars that you may consider trading in for a PRS alternative - even an Acoustic? Its clear that you have a good range of guitars to cover a wide array of tonal options so where do you see your PRS journey going? Based on what you have, I would look at either a Hollowbody (perhaps the 594 unless you want another Piezo although I believe its different on a solid guitar) or perhaps the PRS Special Semi-Hollow - partly because its a semi-hollow with a LOT of tonal options and a Trem and partly because its a Limited Edition and may be harder to find as time goes on. I know you are not me though so I look forward to hearing which direction, which model you may be considering next.

If its not in your plans right now, I am sure these forums will show that inevitably, you will add more at some point LOL

Anyway Welcome...

Firstly - Welcome to the forums and secondly, that's a great 3 to start and gives you quite a range of tonal options and variety.

Your collection is similar to my first 3 PRS guitars - the 594 (like your SC), Custom 24 (like your P24) and 509 (my alternative to a strat - a 'Super Strat' in essence - like your SS). My next guitar was my Hollowbody ii - partly for the Piezo (which you already have) and partly because its a Hollowbody. My 5th was my Special which is a Semi Hollow and a more modern, with much more tonal options, double humbucker with trem guitar - more modern than my 594 offers anyway. I notice none of your PRS double Humbucker guitars offer a trem bridge - not sure if you want one either but maybe something you may consider for your next??.

When you have those 3 that you do, assuming you look to expand without too much crossover - guitars that add something your others don't, it does get a bit tougher. For example, the Paul's guitar - a double 'humbucker' with individual splitting options - could be covered in my collection by my 594 (I know its different sounding) or my Special (again different sounding) but I wonder if its different enough to justify the cost in my head. I don't have P90's so that could be an option (if I liked P90's). At the moment though, I am GASsing for the 594 HB - I know my HBii has the same PU's but no splitting options (I could live without) and Piezo instead - obviously the 594 HB offers a different shorter scale length and the Pattern Vintage neck but there is a LOT of crossover but I love the PRS Hollowbody guitars and a marriage between the 594 and a HBii is a marriage made in heaven as far as I am concerned. If Winter NAMM and/or the PRS experience, which often sees a special guitar made for it, doesn't see a Guitar that offers a lot to my Tonal palette and catches my eye like the 594 HB, then the 594 HB is likely to be next in my Collection.

What do you think you will be adding next? Do you have other guitars that you think covers areas that affects your decision - like having a 335 so not really looking at adding a PRS Hollowbody (either the 594 or HBii)? Do you have guitars that you may consider trading in for a PRS alternative - even an Acoustic? Its clear that you have a good range of guitars to cover a wide array of tonal options so where do you see your PRS journey going? Based on what you have, I would look at either a Hollowbody (perhaps the 594 unless you want another Piezo although I believe its different on a solid guitar) or perhaps the PRS Special Semi-Hollow - partly because its a semi-hollow with a LOT of tonal options and a Trem and partly because its a Limited Edition and may be harder to find as time goes on. I know you are not me though so I look forward to hearing which direction, which model you may be considering next.

If its not in your plans right now, I am sure these forums will show that inevitably, you will add more at some point LOL

Anyway Welcome...

Thank you Mozzi. I probably won't add any guitars to what I have because besides the PRSs, I have a few pretty good ones and they cover all my needs. One type of guitar I no longer have are Jazzbox. I once had a fabulous Lawsuit era Ibanez copy of an L-5. Later an Höfner Jazzica and later still an Heritage H575. All gone. I am a huge fan of Japanese Yamahas. Lots of folks don't realize how incredible those super high end japanese Yamahas are. My semi acoustic is a completely modded (all electronics and hardware) Yamaha SA2200. It destroys run-of-the-mill ES-335's. Also a rare 1990 Pacifica 1412 (famous among Yamaholics).

Back