New Silver Sky in Midnight Rose!

PRSGuy65

6-String Addict
Just got this yesterday from Dave's Guitar Shop and I absolutely love it so far! I first got an SS SE Model but there was a slight manufacturing hiccup with it so I returned it and took the plunge on a USA model instead and I'm glad I did. The SE was decent and played nicely, but the USA model has superior feel and tone without question. I'm really blown away by the neck with the maple board and the guitar rings like a bell before plugging it in! I set the trem for floating and it stays in tune great, and the pickups really have a magical tone that is consistent through every position. I'm so impressed I think I'll be selling my Custom Shop Strat which I really like, but I have to say the SS out-Strats the Strat. I'm lucky enough to own a nice '64 Strat and the SS really feels similar but with better ergonomics with the neck joint and a smoother overall feel. My '64 has the best sounding p/u's I've ever heard out of a Strat but the SS is very close... The 7.25" radius on the SS doesn't feel that way at all to me either, I can solo up and down the neck with ease and bending strings is just as easy as on one of my shredder guitars, at least it seems that way to me. No fretting out or funny overtones, just pure unadulterated punchy goodness! Plus, the color is just stunning to me, along with typical superior PRS USA quality. This makes 12 PRS now so I think I've got an addiction... :D
2022-PRS-Silver-Sky-Guitar-Body-1.jpg

2022-PRS-Silver-Sky-Guitar-Full-Shot-3.jpg

Used it tonight at my INXS Tribute band show and it was awesome... The in-between tones are to die for, so clear and "quacky" yet still cuts thru the mix, and the middle pickup position kills too! Even with a decent amount of gain the guitar remained quiet too, which astounded me compared to normal Strats. I run through a Headrush pedalboard right to the board and really liked what I heard. It's a definite winner and such as easy to play guitar!

Love it!
I had a midnight rose and a custom shpo 63 nos strat....I actually kept hte strat because, well...just look at it!

fender-custom-shop-63-stratocaster-nos-red-spa.jpg

Back