New SE locking tuners from PRS!

I don't get where you thought I was annoyed, I wasn't. I don't need or want the tuners. I took exception to their email and told them so. It really required no response, unless he was seeking forum drama. That said (and this is all I'll say on this), I think it's so darn cute the way you came into the thread in his defense, and then to reciprocate, he hit the ‘Like’ button! You just don't see that kind of closeness and camaraderie anymore! Not in today's society! Not amongst two grown men, anyway.

Sorry for any confusion. I wrote the subject line and can't claim any mastery of the language. Were I to attempt to infer a $25 dollar price on tuners, I probably would've went with something such as "PRS Gifts Under $25: New SE Locking Tuners".

I'm perfectly happy with the factory tuners on my SE Korina One. What I wasn't happy with was the misleading titled email I received from PRS this morning:
“PRS Gifts Under $25, New SE Locking Tuners - Plus New Fall Gear!“ Made me think the tuners were <$25. I replied that that was no way to treat their customers. Maybe they meant <$25 for each individual tuner…
Skydog, you were not the only person initially deceived by the email title -- so I find the piling-on a little offensive.

The e-mail author has acknowledged that the subject line could have been worded better and I acknowledge that I could have comprehended better.

Let's just be happy the tuners are available (I'm still waiting for my vendor to get them in stock) and that there are gifts available for under $25. That sounds like a win-win to me.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I bought the SE locking tuners and a core nut, which I had installed on my PRS SE Tremonti. Perfect fit, and the tuners are nice and smooth. The nut was a nice addition -- I haven't heard any pinging when I tune the G string, which wasn't the case with the original nut.

I'm hoping that the next time I change strings will be a breeze!

Good to hear you had a positive result.

I like your programming schedule:D

Sorry for any confusion. I wrote the subject line and can't claim any mastery of the language. Were I to attempt to infer a $25 dollar price on tuners, I probably would've went with something such as "PRS Gifts Under $25: New SE Locking Tuners".
Skydog, you were not the only person initially deceived by the email title -- so I find the piling-on a little offensive.

The e-mail author has acknowledged that the subject line could have been worded better and I acknowledge that I could have comprehended better.

Let's just be happy the tuners are available (I'm still waiting for my vendor to get them in stock) and that there are gifts available for under $25. That sounds like a win-win to me.
No worries; Upon rereading the initial email, I better see James' intent. I'm glad that I responded to it, hopefully it will provide positive feedback for future releases. As far as the piling on goes, it's the mob rule, wolf pack mentality that exists in society in general, and even more so on internet forums. Guys trying to ‘make their bones’, earn their ‘street cred’ in the eyes of their peers. It quit bothering me years ago. This forum is mild compared to some I've seen. With regard to the tuners, my only SE is a Korina One and I've had 0 issues with the factory PRS branded tuners. The way I see it is, if they'll get you through a set, that's all you need. Who doesn't retune, or at the very least check it, before a set. Maybe I just got lucky with mine.

That's not what he said. He said; "Were I to attempt to infer a $25 dollar price on tuners, I probably would've went with something such as "PRS Gifts Under $25: New SE Locking Tuners". Meaning, that the way it was worded was just fine. :rolleyes:

There is no shame in admitting that you misunderstood the email, but there is shame in accusing someone falsely.

Last edited:
That's not what he said. He said; "Were I to attempt to infer a $25 dollar price on tuners, I probably would've went with something such as "PRS Gifts Under $25: New SE Locking Tuners". Meaning, that the way it was worded was just fine. :rolleyes:

There is no shame in admitting that you misunderstood the email, but there is shame in accusing someone falsely.
You just won't let go, will you?! I'm sorry you got so butt hurt over this, especially since you invited yourself in. You must consider yourself the leader of the pack. Once you get your panties unbunched and the swelling goes down, try soaking in epsom salt. It should relieve the heavy chafing.

9zmgIt8.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Carry on:cool:

I bought a set just waiting for the 35th anniversary SE. eBay did the 10% eBay bucks and I thought it was the best deal I could get on the tuners.

I have a pair of the USA nuts which I haven’t installed yet either. I have no idea when I’ll do that.

Hi all...about to purchase a used PRS Santana Se for $500, and these locking things on ebay are worth more than the guitar is that right? whats a set cost?

Thanks man for the prompt reply, and suggestion. However my new found friend, I hunkered down in the Mekong River Region, and posting them off to the USA for fixing , would be a last resort at present..but nice try..

Back