New SE locking tuners from PRS!

Woohoo, my set arrived today.

Firstly, PRS don't mess around when it comes to packaging.

bM6F1Kd.jpg

osz97or.jpg

They are made by the same manufacturer that does the S2 keys.

1cXXFQc.jpg

Looking good!

dQsEX2D.jpg

PoRcJUY.jpg

Bought a blank truss rod cover while I was at it. Hoping Paul will sign it when I see him at Righteous in a few weeks.

EHzuC3W.jpg
Congrats! It seems like I have to wait for few months till they arrive in Thailand though... :(

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever had any real issues due to the SE tuners, either. The purchase for me was very much a want, not a need. That said, these new tuners are overall better quality with the added convenience of locking operation.

I'm perfectly happy with the factory tuners on my SE Korina One. What I wasn't happy with was the misleading titled email I received from PRS this morning:
“PRS Gifts Under $25, New SE Locking Tuners - Plus New Fall Gear!“ Made me think the tuners were <$25. I replied that that was no way to treat their customers. Maybe they meant <$25 for each individual tuner…

I intend to buy a SE SVN. Are there plans to have a set of locking tuners for these models?

I do not think understanding elementary level grammar has anything to do with being a fanboy.
Or did you think PRS just released quality locking tuners at the price of a cheap Chinese tuner set?
You misunderstood my reply. You see the comma that separated OK and fanboy makes them two separate replies! So, I simply replied OK to indicate I understood your reply and signed it fanboy. Elementary level grammar indeed.

Imagine being so annoyed by an email that you felt the need to go out of your way to be rude on a guitar forum :rolleyes:
I don't get where you thought I was annoyed, I wasn't. I don't need or want the tuners. I took exception to their email and told them so. It really required no response, unless he was seeking forum drama. That said (and this is all I'll say on this), I think it's so darn cute the way you came into the thread in his defense, and then to reciprocate, he hit the ‘Like’ button! You just don't see that kind of closeness and camaraderie anymore! Not in today's society! Not amongst two grown men, anyway.

I have to agree, nothing even remotely deceitful, just a clear case of incomprehension.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I bought the SE locking tuners and a core nut, which I had installed on my PRS SE Tremonti. Perfect fit, and the tuners are nice and smooth. The nut was a nice addition -- I haven't heard any pinging when I tune the G string, which wasn't the case with the original nut.

I'm hoping that the next time I change strings will be a breeze!

Rude and flaunting toxic masculinity! What an endearing combination..

On topic, I don't own any SEs right now, but if I end up with another one, I'll definitely be getting a set of these.

Back