New SE’s!!! HB,HBII, Starla, and Mira?!?!

:)Totally stoked they came out with an SE HB.....

...... totally bummed that the finish options are burst:(, and the two colors I already have.:oops:

the Hollowbody II in tri color sunburst is very gorgeous and definitely looks (almost on video) like a superior line than SE (and for sure the price will reflect that).

but, man, that Starla... MAMMAMIA come suona!!! (trad. MAMMAMIA how it sounds!!!).
rock, blues and whatever, clean and crunch are his territory.
also seems a favorite model for Brian...

The Standard is 5 ply mahogany top/back, and the other is 5 ply maple top/back
I noticed he said it was a three piece laminate mahogany back and top for the standard and I think he said 5 piece laminate construction for the HBII. I immediately though ply construction but I'm thinking it's acutally a 3 piece or 5 piece solid top and back with laminate over for more figured look. (I could have missed more detailed specs somewhere though.)

I noticed he said it was a three piece laminate mahogany back and top for the standard and I think he said 5 piece laminate construction for the HBII. I immediately though ply construction but I'm thinking it's acutally a 3 piece or 5 piece solid top and back with laminate over for more figured look. (I could have missed more detailed specs somewhere though.)

I think it more likely that it is thin laminates pressed and glued into the arch shape to avoid carving, with a thin figured veneer outermost on the HBII. Most of the old Japanese LP copies from the '70s had their tops made this way.

I think it more likely that it is thin laminates pressed and glued into the arch shape to avoid carving, with a thin figured veneer outermost on the HBII. Most of the old Japanese LP copies from the '70s had their tops made this way.

And pretty much every other semi and hollowbody guitar is made this way too. I can’t imagine they’re “canoe” carving these things for $1000.

Pretty sure the SE Acoustic are made in China so maybe the HBs are coming from the same factory?

Are they not all the Cort factories, both in China and Indonesia?

335’s and their like have been made like this for decades, I believe! As Sergio said.

I do love these HBs but they sit too pricey for me for SE, first hand anyway

I was thinking they'd be a bit premium to epipens.... not double

I would hope not...

As much as I praise my Bernie, the S2 Singlecut Satin Standard is just a better guitar. Not saying the Bernie is bad, in fact it replaced a much more expensive SG as my number 1 at the time. However, if I were to buy a PRS today, my first choice would be a used DGT and second choice would be a S2 Standard.

Culmination of that thought... if I ever run into one of those DGT Standards they did a short run of, my wallet is SCREWED. But, yes, the S2 Standards are just plain amazing. There is no better value in all of guitardom right now!

According to UK music store their made in China.

Geez, here we go again!!!
No offense to you Fullmoon, you're just calling it how it is... but I'm sure the trolls will be here to tell us all about it. Let the record show my SE Acoustic is made in China, and excellent.

I don't expect to see much more out of the SE line for early 2020... but hey, I've also said they would never make HBII's on a budget, so what the heck do I know?

My (slightly alcohol fueled and unfiltered) prediction for what's next in 2020: S2 McCarty. Stoptail, 25", it's all there for the taking and would fit within the S2 concept without going "out of bounds" on what makes the whole S2 process work. And with the Mira gone, don't we need a little more stoptail action in the S2 line?

Just read this thread and if they do indeed discontinue the S2 line then PRS will have priced me out of an American made PRS...the pricing is getting too close between the Standard Satin S2s and some of these SEs...ughhh

Just read this thread and if they do indeed discontinue the S2 line then PRS will have priced me out of an American made PRS...the pricing is getting too close between the Standard Satin S2s and some of these SEs...ughhh
That doesn't seem to be a problem for Fender or Epi/Gib. They both have models that blur the price line between their offshore and US factories. Plus, the lower priced S2s are models that don't exist in any other line. Unless the S2 line is just crapping the bed with sales (and I don't think it is), I don't see it going anywhere.

Back