New SE’s!!! HB,HBII, Starla, and Mira?!?!

I do like the look of the Antique White Starla.

As much as the HBII looks good in charcoal, I reckon it would be pretty nice in fire red burst. Perhaps one day.

I keep telling everyone I think the SE's are the best guitars under $1000 by far.
Now we have a solid mahogany hollow body for $1000 - with a hard case.
Freakin A'

All the other stuff looks great also ...

There's absolutely no way I can pass on a hollowbody, unless I get struck by lightening.
Struck by a fade-away effect?

I wouldn't worry about that, the chances are less than being struck by lightning.

:p

Sorry, but the term "lightening" actually resonates with me (like a hollowbody! Yuk Yuk), maybe even struck a chord (yuk yuk), because the (example image) Charcoal burst has a nice lightened inner area vs the nice dark burst.

The bone nuts are a nice touch on the HB’s too... and ebony boards and binding? Sheesh.

Are Jack and Paul in a battle or something? The Mira and Starla are like a warning shot over the bow to the S2 line... All they gotta do is put some nicer/bigger frets on these SE’s and the locking tuners and... S2 who?

Bigger frets are always welcome, as are ebony boards!!! Might need to order a set of those locking tuners to throw on my SECU24 in place of the mini rotos, too. The stoptails are pretty solid with the regular tuners, but who knows what silly things I’m prone to do.

These are all KILLER! AND Locking SE tuners...fogetaboutit!
:cool:

Man! Now wouldn't some 57/08 "S"s hidden like a BB Gun behind the the living room curtain, make this just the greatest day ever!?!?!;)

Careful, you’ll put your eardrum out!

The PRS website states the SE Hollowbody II comes with a hard case, but Chicago Music Exchange reports Gig Bag...? Anyone else notice this?...But at this price, I'm guessing a Gig Bag, yes? Either way, this is a sweet guitar for the price...

***Question(maybe this has been asked before, but...) These are made in the Indonesia plant, right? Are all sent to Maryland for a quality control check before being sent to the dealers or just say 1 of 10 or 20 samples?

Last edited:
This is like one of those going out of business furniture store ads...(Paul running around naked with strategic pixelization in front of the camera) “We’re going crazy! Crazy quality! Crazy prices! Crazy value!”

Honestly, this is one of the more exciting product releases I can remember! Everything makes me go “hmm...I could do that”. Great job, PRS.

This is like one of those going out of business furniture store ads...(Paul running around naked with strategic pixelization in front of the camera) “We’re going crazy! Crazy quality! Crazy prices! Crazy value!”

Honestly, this is one of the more exciting product releases I can remember! Everything makes me go “hmm...I could do that”. Great job, PRS.

Wearing a crown and sitting on a throne. The Guitar King!

Where is the se silver sky??????

This is the first wave of new products for 2020. Who knows what may be happening behind this door!

I thought that I had kicked my GAS. Now, these HB's are kicking my a$$!

I had a HB 1, found it too bright, didn't have the depth of something similarly constructed, but the all mahogany variant here has me interested now.

I'd also be wary of one thing with either HB. The HB models have lightweight tuner buttons to manage neck dive.. Makes sense. Just something I noticed here, I'm not saying anything else.

The bone nuts are a nice touch on the HB’s too... and ebony boards and binding? Sheesh.

Are Jack and Paul in a battle or something? The Mira and Starla are like a warning shot over the bow to the S2 line... All they gotta do is put some nicer/bigger frets on these SE’s and the locking tuners and... S2 who?

I wouldn't be surprised if they phase out the S2 series.

If they make an SE 594 I'll go for that. The scale could be 25" and I'd be happy, but the fatter body, 4 controls and switch above would be great.

Some people reckon they'll do a Silver Sky, what everyone think? The SE245 needs an overhaul for sure..

Last edited:
Nice, but let’s hear about the 2020 core and limited edition models.

Back