new pickups for my 07 core Mira

So this blue P Stock Custom22 pictured with my Lab is my dream and the best guitar I've ever owned, seen or played. My son and I built it with the help from our rep from Wildwood Guitars in Colorado. Took 8 months back in 2017. The blue flame is insane, pearl on the maple like nothing I've ever seen, it weighs 6.5 lbs with the 85/15 pickups, my favorite pickup of all time. This is the guitar that if I had to pick one, this is it. I have several PRS guitars, a Clapton Strat, a tele, a Mira and a Les Paul. I play classic rock and blues. The reason I want a set of noiseless P90's is because I have quite a variation of pickups in all of my guitars but none are P90's. I'd never change what's in my other guitars except in this Mira cuz the "s" pickups don't sound good to my ear so I thought my Mira is the best and only option to throw some P90's into.

I have a set of noiseless Kinman humbucker-sized P-90’s in my CE-22 and they sound killer. When I was researching a few years ago, the general consensus seemed to be that the Kinmans were the most authentic-sounding noiseless P-90’s. Haven’t heard the Fralins.

I have a set of noiseless Kinman humbucker-sized P-90’s in my CE-22 and they sound killer. When I was researching a few years ago, the general consensus seemed to be that the Kinmans were the most authentic-sounding noiseless P-90’s. Haven’t heard the Fralins.
Not heard of them but will certainly check them out. If they work well in your 22 I’m sure they’ll sound good in a Mira. Fralin is a big time PU manufacturer I’ve heard great things about for years but never owned a set. Thanks for tip.

Mira pickups sound better in darker guitars like my DGT and SCT , I Mira I liked the best had 57/08s in it and I bet McCartys would work well also
In fact I have a guitar that could really use a set of Mira pickups :)
I have a set of McCarty pickups that I'm trying to offload...if you're interested. They're coming out of a 2001 Swamp Ash Special.

For the record, I have literally zero noise with my Wolftones. They sound fantastic.
I have a set of Wolfetone P-90’s (mean and meaner) and in spite of them being true single coils, there is virtually NO hum! They are in my Rivolta. Wolf has been a great 1 person hand winder for many years. Very reasonably priced and a great guy.
Fwiw, no noiseless P-90 will sound or feel exactly like a real one. If I were to go that route, I’d call Lindy Fralin….

Well, Mira pickups are uncovered 245’s. Some people like them a lot, I wasn’t a fan personally. PAF style pickups in the core Mira are fantastic.

UQx1Z5c.jpg

843XRYW.jpg

yt1rFoN.jpg
Oh man- that korina is something else…don’t leave it lying around near me… ;) So are those all 57/08s, or some other PAF equivalent?

85/15’s are the best set of pickups I’ve ever heard/played. Bar none.

Back