New Phenomenon

It is really funny that you mention the quilt. I agree that the quilt is stunning. At the time I was choosing the woods, I was THIS CLOSE to walking away because I didn't think any of the currently available PS Quilts were THAT impressive. In the end, I chose the best of the bunch and crossed my fingers. When I finally got the pictures, I was floored as to how nice it was. Sometimes you just can't tell without the finish applied.

Kevin
Not only that, the carve is like a strip show, she doesn’t reveal her true beauty until the end!:D:eek:

This guitar deserves an extended honeymoon. I’m sure in time you will get back to others, but even then this one might get a larger share of your attention. When I got my dragon, I didn’t even look at buying another guitar for years, but I still played the other 4 PRS, my Les Paul and my classical.

The guitar is awesome.

I’ve gone ga-ga over my private stocks, but I play my cores as much, and rotate them for practice. Obviously, for sessions, I use the one most appropriate to the song (sometimes that means I just wing it).

enjoy that thing!

I have been buying and playing guitars for 4 years now. I have a collection of 8 guitars that I am very attached to. Up until this point, I have been very happy and satisfied with rotating through the collection and moving on to a new guitar every week.

Until now. I just cannot put away my newest Private Stock. It has been over a month now, and I haven't been able to convince myself to put it away and pick up the next one! This has not happened to me before. I really can't point to one thing, as it is everything. The look. The feel. The glorious sound.

Can I expect this to fade at some point and allow me to move on to my other guitars?!?!?!?

(obligatory pictures)
R61JMKJ.jpg
zM2VEZ0.jpg

Not only I wouldn't put it down, I'll sleep beside it in my bed

that is uber stunning

That looks great!

Is the flame maple neck glossy? From the pics it looks more satin - the only thing I'm not in love with with my PRS is the glossed painted neck.

So you swapped pickups from whatever were in the PS to Duncans?
I had already purchased the Duncans, and they were sitting around waiting for the right guitar. I ordered this to be THAT guitar.

I ordered this guitar with Dragon 1 pickups, knowing I wanted those for ANOTHER guitar. The Dragon 1s have been put into a Satin Black 594.

Kevin

I had already purchased the Duncans, and they were sitting around waiting for the right guitar. I ordered this to be THAT guitar.

I ordered this guitar with Dragon 1 pickups, knowing I wanted those for ANOTHER guitar. The Dragon 1s have been put into a Satin Black 594.

Kevin

Bet those sound awesome!

Back