New McCarty on the way....

Basalt

UPS site says "In Transit" and On time. Monday will be NGD day for a McCarty with 57/08', it has a Nitro finish! Feeling a bit anxious! Anyone else know that feeling?

Monday Update: It is out for delivery! Now the caveat, our home is in southern RI near the coast, and are expecting 24+ inches. It s snowing now., those light floating flakes with whispers of wind moving them around. Our deck is already covered. The UPS route for us is a 4pm to 6:30pm delivery. I do hope he makes it, however, if for safety reason he can not, I will understand. If he does make it, then I will need to wait till tomorrow to open the box.

And thanks to those responded to the thread below:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?11647-PRS-advice-needed

Last edited:
UPS site says "In Transit" and On time. Monday will be NGD day for a McCarty with 57/08', it has a Nitro finish! Feeling a bit anxious! Anyone else know that feeling?

And thanks to those responded to the thread below:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?11647-PRS-advice-needed

How did you find a brand new McCarty i thought they weren't making them any more ? Please let me know if this is actually brand new out of the PRS factory, or just one thats been laying around in someone's warehouse until it was sold to you, or just a blemished model you ordered.......again please let me know

this was a NOS, from GuitarRez in Austin...

Oh ok, i just checked their website, these aren't brand new McCarty's, their left over display models used from previous guitar shows.

Well i hope you enjoy yours, but thats not new to me, it's kind of like buying a guitar off the wall from a guitar center store, it's been handled and played a dozen times.
So i'm buying new from the factory.
Good luck though, hope you like it.

Oh ok, i just checked their website, these aren't brand new McCarty's, their left over display models used from previous guitar shows.

Well i hope you enjoy yours, but thats not new to me, it's kind of like buying a guitar off the wall from a guitar center store, it's been handled and played a dozen times.
So i'm buying new from the factory.
Good luck though, hope you like it.

Guitar show models (I had a NAMM McCarty a few years back) are considered new with full warranty and are completely re-setup, polished up to the nines, and made new by the PTC team. Generally PRS takes only the finest examples to shows, so they are Creme de la Creme.

Very choice guitar! Congrats!

Thanks man, but their not new since they've been discontinued for quite a few years now, my guess is that these are trade show left overs as well, plus none of them have the pattern thin neck i'm looking for.
i'm just going to stick with the Custom 22.

Last edited:
Guitar show models (I had a NAMM McCarty a few years back) are considered new with full warranty and are completely re-setup, polished up to the nines, and made new by the PTC team. Generally PRS takes only the finest examples to shows, so they are Creme de la Creme.

Very choice guitar! Congrats!

thanks!...I am looking forward to Monday when it arrives!

Thanks man, but their not new since they've been discontinued for quite a few years now, my guess is that these are trade show left overs as well, plus none of them have the pattern thin neck i'm looking for.

In speaking with the owner, he described this as a custom order, it has still been in the shop and was NOS by my my description, however the Nitro finish was put on this guitar as part of a custom order which included the 57/08's. Either way I am stoked, as it came down to three guitars, a 22 Stoptail, the McCarty Trem and I went with the McCarty.

Wow, Macmutt. Your posts are really something else. You make these ridiculous statements as if they are fact, without any background. Plus raining on others' parades in more than one thread.

All of your presuppositions are incorrect in this case. YES. They are new. They are a special run of 50 McCarty spec guitars special ordered by this dealer.

The only factual statement you were able to make is that they don't have a pattern thin neck.

Congratulations.

Enjoy your PRS...

Last edited:
Wow, Macmutt. Your posts are really something else. You make these ridiculous statements as if they are fact, without any background. Plus raining on others' parades in more than one thread.

All of your presuppositions are incorrect in this case. YES. They are new. They are a special run of 50 McCarty spec guitars special ordered by this dealer.

The only factual statement you were able to make is that they don't have a pattern thin neck.

Congratulations.

Enjoy your PRS...

Well i didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade, nor' did know that a vendor could special order a run of 50 McCartys from PRS for their retail store.
So i stand corrected and i hope you thoroughly enjoy your NEW guitar.

Well, I can't speak to the special run of 50 McCartys as I don't have any info specific to that. However, Kevin is correct in that dealers will special order something like that to attract customers. That is exactly how I acquired my Paul's Guitar from MusicStoreLive. They order a special run of 10 each year specially spec'ed to their specifications (how's that for a little alliteration, heh). My PG is the only one like it out of their run in 2013, and I am incredibly stoked that I was not only able to snatch it out of thin air, but to get it for a price that made me debt happy. My heart was in my throat until I sealed that deal!!! Congrats on your McCarty! You nailed one there, buddy!

The important thing is that Basalt is getting an awesome guitar and I hope it's a great one!

The important thing is that Basalt is getting an awesome guitar and I hope it's a great one!
I second that. Don't you just love/hate that wait for the delivery? And then cutting the tape, opening the box, dealing with the bubble wrap and/or peanuts... What a feeling!

Basalt, please let us know how it goes?

Goldtop Lloyd

I second that. Don't you just love/hate that wait for the delivery? And then cutting the tape, opening the box, dealing with the bubble wrap and/or peanuts... What a feeling!

Basalt, please let us know how it goes?

Goldtop Lloyd

Will do!, thanks!

It is out for delivery today, I am in southern RI, near the coast, so today is the big storm. I know the UPS route, and we are usually a 4:30 to 6pm delivery! I just hope he makes it! Then, I will wait till tomorrow morning to open the box! With 24 plus inches forecasted, I can stay inside and play, (assuming we don't lose the electric)!

The wait is always tough. I used to stay home from work for NGDs, but lately I've just gone in. I'm not sure which is worse to be honest. It's hard either way! :D

I think you made a great choice based on your tastes as well. Congrats!

Back