Need some information

brnd79

Hello everybody I'm new here
I was offered a prs custom 24, serial number 0 8438 (should be from 1990?) with flamed top and moon inlays,
and because I can't play it before buying it I want to be sure of everything
1- I was under the impression that older cu24s came with a 5way rotary knob, and this one has a gibson style switch (I guess 3way)
and it's the only thing that seems "off" to me, so is it legit, an after factory mod or what?
2- I don't recognize the finish, is it discontinued or was it refinished?
3- The bridge pu is missing it's two height adjustment screws, the g tuner is missing a clamp on top and it doesn't come with it's tremolo arm,
is it hard to find replacements?

Here are some pics:

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance :wave:

That switch you are lookin' at is not for selecting pickups, it's a sweet switch. Rather than a tone knob early PRS guitars came with them, the 5 way is the second knob.

Finding thumbscrews and wings for old tuners can be expensive, so watch out! But that does look like one Bangin' CU24!

I know it's impossible to be sure just from some photos, but to me that looks like a factory Tobacco Sunburst finish. Would you agree Sergio?

Lloyd

I know it's impossible to be sure just from some photos, but to me that looks like a factory Tobacco Sunburst finish. Would you agree Sergio?

Lloyd
That was going to be my guess, but if you pull the pickups the MODCAT should tell you.

Thank you all for your replies
Everything's looking good, so I hope I'll be posting a NGD here soon! :biggrin:
btw whats a modcat?

Back