Need Help Selecting a PRS

I've decided on the McCarty 58 with the 53/10s, artist top amber. From Righteous Guitars in GA. It arrives tomorrow. My wife tells me at this rate I'll be working til I'm 70 (my stable now goes back up to 12 high-end guitars). Thanks everyone.

I've decided on the McCarty 58 with the 53/10s, artist top amber. From Righteous Guitars in GA. It arrives tomorrow. My wife tells me at this rate I'll be working til I'm 70 (my stable now goes back up to 12 high-end guitars). Thanks everyone.
Congrats! I’ve had good dealings with the folks at Righteous Guitars, very good at setups if you tell them your preferences.

Good choice!

Gents, any amp recommendations that would tap the potential of my MC58 53/10? My Rectoverb is better for my strat than for the PRS. Divided by 13 perhaps? Thanks

Gents, any amp recommendations that would tap the potential of my MC58 53/10? My Rectoverb is better for my strat than for the PRS. Divided by 13 perhaps? Thanks

I feel like the Recto’s are super-underrated at the moment. Far be it from me to try and talk somebody out of a new purchase... but I’d try and set it up just for your new MC58, 53/10’s can be a little dark and big sounding (but in a great way).

I just played a show with a guy that had your amp and a 335 and I gotta say, it sounded good.

Thanks. Question: when I pull the coil tap on the bridge pickup I can't really hear any significant difference, whether clean or with gain. Is this normal for the 53/10?

Solved it by sending the MC58 back (there was indeed a problem with the tap switch) in favor of a new McCarty 594 Artist in Copperhead with the LT pickups. Wow, now that's a keeper. More robust tone and musicality in all settings and just a perfectly designed instrument. Also just picked up a Carr Telstar amp which is a very nice match.

Solved it by sending the MC58 back (there was indeed a problem with the tap switch) in favor of a new McCarty 594 Artist in Copperhead with the LT pickups. Wow, now that's a keeper. More robust tone and musicality in all settings and just a perfectly designed instrument. Also just picked up a Carr Telstar amp which is a very nice match.
Damn man, way to start!

Thanks. Can't say enough good things about Righteous Guitars for the guitar and Maple Street Guitars for the amp. Now to just play the damn thing! Hate being a gear head!

Back