Need help identifying a PRS SE MODEL

patchhoy

Seems easy off the cuff, but this guitar has been giving me the go around for awhile now.

I work in a music shop and came across an 08 prs se custom 22. (seriel number IO4500) however, i cannot find record, or other examples of this exact guitar anywhere online to get an accurate idea of what its worth.

This one in particular is an emerald green semi hollow. It has the zebra humbuckers, fixed bridge, and the old school crescent moon inlays. The real interesting part here, is has the straight f hole, no pickguard, and definitely humbuckers. Every single picture i can find of these either has a pickgaurd (mine never had one, no holes or repairing of holes evident), has p90s instead of the zebra pups, OR is completely solid body.

I cant for the life of me find this exact guitar anywhere. I am also pretty confident it wasent modded as it sat in our shop for years before i took it home 'new'.

I dont have any pictures of my own handy at the moment, but i will attach the closest i can find online.

Appreciate any help!

like this but with no pickgaurd OR screws holes where one had been. finish is perfect, so no patch job.

It looks exactly like this, but it is semi-hollow.
images

a0kvjcm5evzx0rwcnihf.jpg

I seem to recall the P90 version as not having a pickguard.

Maybe pull the pups and look?

You are correct, the p90 does not have the pickgaurd. That was my initial thought as well but it has all the relevant holes and screws for the pickup rings, which we certainly didnt do in shop, the p90 model dosent have pickup rings.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a prototype, or at least super early in production and they hadn't decided to add the guard yet? Or could otherwise just be an odd ball.
That is more or less what I was thinking but I am unsure if there is a way to verify a prototype on the off chance that is what it is.

It seems rather odd to me that just one would slip through QC missing the entire pickgaurd plus the holes/screws.

The baritone was much later.

I'm 99% confident they wouldn't have accidentally left off the guard. Official info on older SE models is very slim, so it may remain a mystery.

I do know that PRS tend to sell every viable guitar. There are other oddities and protos I've seen.

Back