Need help identifying my guitar.

Pancho

I bought a second hand prs a while ago, I never really cared about the exact model name or the types of pickups it had, the guitar sounded and felt amazing, I made the purchase and I left it at that, but after getting familiar with the prs core line of guitars I'm curious to know what kind of guitar I own. I can't really identify the model on my own, not even using the internet...

It's an american made single cut Paul Reed Smith guitar w a trem in charcoal burst. It cost around 1,500 USD (490,000 HUF) the shop I got it from said its a 2009 model and thats all they could tell me about it. On the receipt it only says 2009 prs single cut tremolo.
I believe the serial number needs to be on the back of the head stock but the only thing written on there is:
4 85/57 and the little 10 for the "10 top".

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it:)

Pancho,

Your guitar is likely a core model Singlecut Trem 10-Top with #6 pickups, if they've not been swapped out for something else by the previous owner.

You need not worry, you did your homework, and this is what you own. When you post a few more posts, you'll be able to add pictures to your posts. See the sticky post in General Discussion that describes how to accomplish this, and you'll be good.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

It does sound very straight forward hahaha. The only reason I asked is because whenever I searched for singlecut models they always had 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, and mine only has 1 of each. I dont think that changes much, thanks for the reply;)

Correct. SC Trems are only one volume, one tone knob.

It does sound very straight forward hahaha. The only reason I asked is because whenever I searched for singlecut models they always had 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, and mine only has 1 of each. I dont think that changes much, thanks for the reply;)

That does narrow it down. One volume, one tone means it's a single cut trem. Default pickups on that would be the #6. I don't think they'd changed the pickups in 2009.

The modcat would let you know for sure, though, or the hangtag. At least they'd let you know what the stock config was - it's possible the pickups were swapped afterwards.

FYI - the single cut (no trem, 2v/2t) had #7 pickups as the default. And, IIRC, the body on the regular single cut was a little thicker.

I believe the serial number needs to be on the back of the head stock but the only thing written on there is:
4 85/57 and the little 10 for the "10 top".
More than likely that actually says "485157". Which makes it a 2004 model. And the serial number falls right in that range. Singlecut trems were certainly made that year.

So congrats! Your guitar is a few years older than you thought!

Back