Dual Single Coil Mode - Unique?

Bebop Slim

I found this in an online review of the SE Custom 24-08:

"The 24-08 boasts a special set of PRS TCI-tuned "S" humbucking pickups. Each pickup is equipped with a coil tap that allows you to switch between fat humbucking tones and chiming single-coil tones instantly.

There's even a "dual single-coil" mode unique to this model that you won't find on other PRS models."

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is this? What makes it unique to the 24-08 model? I can get both pickups in single coil on my regular SE Custom 24 with the push/pull tone pot, so how is this different?

TIA

My CE22's with a rotary switch combines one coil from each humbucker in parallel in the #2 and #4 positions.

Combines one coil from each humbucker in SERIES for the sound of a middle humbucker that isn't there in the #3 position.

I don't like the switch but I like what it does.

"The 24-08 boasts a special set of PRS TCI-tuned "S" humbucking pickups. Each pickup is equipped with a coil tap that allows you to switch between fat humbucking tones and chiming single-coil tones instantly.

There's even a "dual single-coil" mode unique to this model that you won't find on other PRS models."

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is this? What makes it unique to the 24-08 model? I can get both pickups in single coil on my regular SE Custom 24 with the push/pull tone pot, so how is this different?

TIA

I've been wondering the same thing, I was comparing the custom 24 and 24-08 SE's at my local PRS dealer recently and they told me there's no difference in the pickup selections, you just get there different ways either with the micro switches on the 08 or using the push pull pot on the 24.

Charles

TIA
With the mini toggles Cu24-08 you can put each humbucker in split independently.

Neck Toggle- Humbucker or split
Middle- Both pickups, either one can be split or Humbucker, for HH SH HS or SS
Bridge- Humbucker or split

With the toggle and push/pull Cu24 you can't have one pickup in humbucker and another split combined.

The Cu24 has 8515S pickups and the Cu24-08 has TCI-S pickups.

That's the difference.

With the mini toggles Cu24-08 you can put each humbucker in split independently.

Neck Toggle- Humbucker or split
Middle- Both pickups, either one can be split or Humbucker, for HH SH HS or SS
Bridge- Humbucker or split

With the toggle and push/pull Cu24 you can't have one pickup in humbucker and another split combined.

The Cu24 has 8515S pickups and the Cu24-08 has TCI-S pickups.

That's the difference.
Thanks SinSir
I do understand the 8 options on the 24-08 (hence the 08 in the name) versus the 6 options in the regular 24.
It just seemed like they were saying something different.
Appreciate the info.n

Thanks SinSir
I do understand the 8 options on the 24-08 (hence the 08 in the name) versus the 6 options in the regular 24.
It just seemed like they were saying something different.
Appreciate the info.n
Right!?! Word play. Pickups are different, but both will go split together at the same time.

"There's even a "dual single-coil" mode unique to this model that you won't find on other PRS models."

This is some smooth advertising. While it's not unique to the 24-08 (signature switching is found on the 408, the SSH, the Pauls, etc), you won't find it on every model. So the "you won't find on other PRS models" is a statement that's technically true. It's just sneaky. SAF.

stephen-baden-sneaky.gif

Back