NDGTSD

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
Ned DGT standard day! Received yesterday and set up with strings for mortals. This one totally exceeds my expectations. Pics and tone report to follow soon!

Too bad about my crappy cell phone pic. The color of these are really vibrant and it really is impossible to photograph red guitars and capture the grain.

Quick Review:

Pros (for me): Plays and sounds as nice as any of my PS guitars. I really should've gotten acquainted with the DGT neck profile before, it would have changed some of my purchasing decisions. Great guitar at any price, but especially at this price. Tapped pickups sound phenomenal. humbucking sounds are good (see below). Fit and finish are superb and it set up like a champ. My take on this one is that its not necessarily darker than a maple topped guitar, just rounder with some of the mid push others have mentioned. Very nice IRW board and great balance.

Cons (for me): OK this is very subjective. narrow 408's with sig switching would kill in this guitar ( the core one didn't have some of the features I wanted like regular neck, DGT frets and not the rosewood they use on the 408 stds). I think both the SC and HB settings would be perfect for a std. The DGT pickups are a little hot for my tastes in HB mode, but I haven't played too much with height. An "artist package" type of upgrade for fingerboard and inlays would also be awesome.

Everything you need and nothin' you don't with this one. I kinda bought this one with my youngest daughter in mind. I think she will love it, but I'll certainly need a replacement.

Congrats! The DGT is a great guitar. I've never had the chance to play a Standard, but the MT DGT is awesome. And I'm with you on the DGT neck carve - it's possibly the best carve I've ever felt in my hands.

Love it. Dgts are great. I have one but with the maple cap. I also put m pickups in mine to get more aggressive bite out of it. I've never played the standard but very interested in trying one out.

Congratulations

I also really dig the DGT neck carve. The S2 CU24s I played a few weeks back were very similar to the DGT, both are beefier than the Regular carve on my 07 Mira.

Back