NGD: 2004 Scarlett Red Custom 24

I used a drill bit index and used whichever the next size that didn’t fit through the tuner.
I did remove the tuner from the guitar and used a vice to hold it.
I went to Harbor Freight earlier to grab a drill index set, and instead ended up grabbing a tapered diamond files set for $7 that is guaranteed for life. So we will see how that works out.
Gorgeous before the mods and even better afterwards. Congrats!

Those black pickup rings seem to go along with all the other black parts well.
I feel the black pickup rings, make the guitar look more modern, and since I'm going to be playing this guitar in drop B, it helps add to the metal look 🤘

Awesome guitar and cool plan. A 62 sounds massive. I run 11-52 for both D standard and Drop C on Tremonti and 594’. The 52 is a bit sloppy on the 594 but holds up well on the Tremonti. Sounds like you like a lote more tension. I am interested in seeing the final results.

Congrats 🍾 on the new guitar project!

Awesome guitar and cool plan. A 62 sounds massive. I run 11-52 for both D standard and Drop C on Tremonti and 594’. The 52 is a bit sloppy on the 594 but holds up well on the Tremonti. Sounds like you like a lote more tension. I am interested in seeing the final results.

Congrats 🍾 on the new guitar project!
Thank you!

Beautiful Guitar. Why Are You Trying To Make it Into A Bass? ;) (Kidding) :)

Beautiful Guitar. Why Are You Trying To Make it Into A Bass? ;) (Kidding) :)
It's all good. Surprisingly the heavy strings don't bother me.
I always thought Scarlet looks better than Black Cherry. It seems to pop better. Congrats!
I've never seen a Black Cherry finish either. It's funny b/c in person, the finish looks lighter in color vs. how it looks in pics.

Thought I'd drop by and give an update. I got her all setup, and wired up. She sounds massive thanks to the Tremonti bridge pickup and the 12-62's she has on her. Too be honest I am really impressed with this Tremonti pickup. It's hot, but stays clean and has really nice clarity as well.

I also found out from PTC, this guitar doesn't have a Scarlett Red finish. The official name of the finish is called Ruby Red.

The only bummer and complaint I have about the guitar and the pickup, is the long legs on the pickup, and the shallow routed bridge pickup cavity. Even with the proper 1-1/8" screws for the pickup, the pickup is sitting flush with the pickup ring, and standing on the wood in the actual pickup route. Even sitting like this, I had to lower both outer screws into the pickup to get the string off the pickup.
Because of this, I'm either thinking about either routing a little more depth, or swapping out the long leg baseplate in exchange for a short leg baseplate. Has any one tried either of these possibilities I mentioned and been successful with seeing it thru?

Last edited:
Thought I'd drop by and give an update. I got her all setup, and wired up. She sounds massive thanks to the Tremonti bridge pickup and the 12-62's she has on her. Too be honest I am really impressed with this Tremonti pickup. It's hot, but stays clean and has really nice clarity as well.

I also found out from PTC, this guitar doesn't have a Scarlett Red finish. The official name of the finish is called Ruby Red.

The only bummer and complaint I have about the guitar and the pickup, is the long legs on the pickup, and the shallow routed bridge pickup cavity. Even with the proper 1-1/8" screws for the pickup, the pickup is sitting flush with the pickup ring, and standing on the wood in the actual pickup route. Even sitting like this, I had to lower both outer screws into the pickup to get the string off the pickup.
Because of this, I'm either thinking about either routing a little more depth, or swapping out the long leg baseplate in exchange for a short leg baseplate. Has any one tried either of these possibilities I mentioned and been successful with seeing it thru?
Short Legs Are Always The Answer When It Comes To Pickups. When It Comes To Women, In Some Cases I Could See That Varying. :)

I always thought Scarlet looks better than Black Cherry. It seems to pop better. Congrats!
I had a Custom in Black Cherry and really didn't care for the finish - it didn't really pop (and I felt like the ivory pickup rings made the whole thing look a little cheap).
Gorgeous Ruby Red guitar (love the name 'Pete')

Back